Auditioning for 2024 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Cam12345
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2024 entry

Post by Cam12345 »

Lollipop1 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:45 am Things are finally happening here, the next few weeks are going to be intense but hopefullY will condense the waiting!!! Super proud he’s got one in the bag already 😃

Performers (Birmingham) - offer on the day 🤩
Urdang - this Wednesday
Bird -7th March
GSA recall - 9th March

Phew!!!

He loved the day at performers, it’s not his top choice but he was pleasantly surprised
That's a busy and exciting week @Lollipop fingers crossed it all goes ok, my daughter loved the Urdang audition day how did he find it 🤞🏻 for your son
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

Cam12345 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:45 pm
K8t wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:03 pm
Cam12345 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:46 pm How are things going for everyone? It's such a stressful process and the waiting to hear back from places is hard work 🤣
I’m not coping at all well! DD rejected her deferred place on a degree course for MT to reapply this year, so far she didn’t get a recall for Arts foundation, still waiting to hear from IC self tape, hasn’t sent in her Mountview self tape, it’s due tomorrow!

She had an audition for GSA (dream place) last week, she thought it went well, but someone there at the same time has been offered Foundation and she’s heard nothing!

Still got a couple in the pipeline, but it’s such a worry. She’s been really productive during her gap year, gaining lots of performing experience in one way or another, but I’m not ready for another gap year! Im somewhere between what will be will be and panic! Goodness knows how she’s feeling, she seems really chilled!

Did you hear back @K8t from GSA foundation or Mountview?
Any news for anyone, we are in a lull this week as waiting for Mountview outcome from January (not due outcomes until March 18th), Italia Conti recall not until end of April and Royal Scots still awaiting outcome of self tapes ( 6 weeks not that I'm counting...🤣)

Hope everyone has had a positive week!
Mountview she emailed and they have given an extension.

Nothing from GSA so she thinks she hasn’t been successful. I think that’s made her feel a bit down and why she didn’t send the self tape off.

Still waiting to hear from Italia Conti self tape, has an audition for PPA in two weeks. I believe they may be connected to IC Theatre in some way, who offered her a place on MT last year, but she took the now deferred, cancelled place instead.

She hasn’t heard anything at all from Rose Bruford - her wildcard - or The Arden, both of which are through UCAS. I think she should chase as they may already done auditions.

She has however been offered summer work on the entertainment team of a holiday park, albeit three hours away, but accommodation is provided!

Both her Dad and I have told her that if nothing comes out this year, it’s fine to try next year, no pressure. It’s not easy is it? I hope everyone is bearing up and fantastic those who have offers.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

K8t wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:58 am
Cam12345 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:45 pm
K8t wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:03 pm

I’m not coping at all well! DD rejected her deferred place on a degree course for MT to reapply this year, so far she didn’t get a recall for Arts foundation, still waiting to hear from IC self tape, hasn’t sent in her Mountview self tape, it’s due tomorrow!

She had an audition for GSA (dream place) last week, she thought it went well, but someone there at the same time has been offered Foundation and she’s heard nothing!

Still got a couple in the pipeline, but it’s such a worry. She’s been really productive during her gap year, gaining lots of performing experience in one way or another, but I’m not ready for another gap year! Im somewhere between what will be will be and panic! Goodness knows how she’s feeling, she seems really chilled!

Did you hear back @K8t from GSA foundation or Mountview?
Any news for anyone, we are in a lull this week as waiting for Mountview outcome from January (not due outcomes until March 18th), Italia Conti recall not until end of April and Royal Scots still awaiting outcome of self tapes ( 6 weeks not that I'm counting...🤣)

Hope everyone has had a positive week!
Mountview she emailed and they have given an extension.

Nothing from GSA so she thinks she hasn’t been successful. I think that’s made her feel a bit down and why she didn’t send the self tape off.

Still waiting to hear from Italia Conti self tape, has an audition for PPA in two weeks. I believe they may be connected to IC Theatre in some way, who offered her a place on MT last year, but she took the now deferred, cancelled place instead.

She hasn’t heard anything at all from Rose Bruford - her wildcard - or The Arden, both of which are through UCAS. I think she should chase as they may already done auditions.

She has however been offered summer work on the entertainment team of a holiday park, albeit three hours away, but accommodation is provided!

Both her Dad and I have told her that if nothing comes out this year, it’s fine to try next year, no pressure. It’s not easy is it? I hope everyone is bearing up and fantastic those who have offers.
If PPA is connected to IC Theatre then I think that may be a recent thing, because we weren't aware of this when DD got offered a degree there a few years ago. She subsequently turned it down for a foundation course elsewhere as she didn't feel PPA was right for her. She'd auditioned during lockdown3 and we couldn't even travel to look at the place. She accepted the offer, then later attended the open day and then when a last min offer came her way elsewhere decided she preferred that - it cost us £500 in a lost deposit!

RB foundation students (the ones outside of Sidcup which aren't going to run anymore) only finished this week. I believe Sidcup foundies may finish next week, so there's still auditions running as they haven't done theirs yet though they go straight to 2nd audition, so though there's time it might be worth querying.

Well done to her on the summer work. My DD worked as an actor at a tourist attraction for 6 months between her 2 foundations. Even with 2 foundations (1 private, 1 funded) and now on degree she learnt stuff during her time working that has never been touched on in class.
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

Thanks for that info on RB.

The reason I thought PPA was connected in some way, was that two people we know went for PPA and they were referred to IC Theatre directly and were accepted. They just msybe have some sort of reciprocal agreement.

Well done to your DD for holding out and keeping going l, it takes nerves of steel and determination, she’ll do well I’m sure.
Lollipop1
Nominee

Post by Lollipop1 »

Cam12345 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:47 pm
Lollipop1 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:45 am Things are finally happening here, the next few weeks are going to be intense but hopefullY will condense the waiting!!! Super proud he’s got one in the bag already 😃

Urdang - this Wednesday
Bird -7th March
GSA recall - 9th March

Phew!!!

He loved the day at performers, it’s not his top choice but he was pleasantly surprised
That's a busy and exciting week @Lollipop fingers crossed it all goes ok, my daughter loved the Urdang audition day how did he find it 🤞🏻 for your son

Such a busy week 😬 I’m knackered thinking about it, never mind all the trains, hotels and late nights he’s had! He absolutely loved urdang, it’s become his top choice over GSA but that could change again when he’s done the face to face this weekend!

Has your DD heard from Urdang?
Lollipop1
Nominee

Post by Lollipop1 »

I’m going to drive him down to GSA on Friday for recall Saturday then we’re staying to Sunday, it’ll be nice to make a weekend of it and not just a flying visit for him!

We live just outside Sheffield, I dead to think what open days, cdmt conference, and auditions have cost in travel and hotels, prep for the next however many years I guess 🤪
Cam12345
BRIT Award

Post by Cam12345 »

Lollipop1 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:22 pm

Urdang - this Wednesday
Bird -7th March
GSA recall - 9th March

Phew!!!

Such a busy week 😬 I’m knackered thinking about it, never mind all the trains, hotels and late nights he’s had! He absolutely loved urdang, it’s become his top choice over GSA but that could change again when he’s done the face to face this weekend!

Yes she heard within 2 weeks which is what they said and has an offer! She loved it too even though she nearly cancelled it the night before 😂 last minute stress I think....
She went to have a look round yesterday and got to see some classes etc which she loved even more so she has happily accepted the offer!
🤞🏻For your son and I hope he can rest a bit more over the next few weeks!!!
Lollipop1
Nominee

Post by Lollipop1 »

Cam12345 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:26 pm

Yes she heard within 2 weeks which is what they said and has an offer! She loved it too even though she nearly cancelled it the night before 😂 last minute stress I think....
She went to have a look round yesterday and got to see some classes etc which she loved even more so she has happily accepted the offer!
Aaahhhh amazing well done to your DD!!!! He’s had an offer today but I didn’t want to look showy offy 🤦🏼‍♀️ he literally screamed down the phone 😂 we’ve got everything crossed for his friend who was waitlisted a few weeks ago!!

Did you look at the city accommodation? We weren’t overly keen when we looked on an open day

Has she got many more to do? I can’t wait for some breathing space! He’s got intermediate dance exams in two weeks so pressure on still! I don’t know how they do it on top of A levels as well, super stars!
Cam12345
BRIT Award

Post by Cam12345 »

Lollipop1 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:18 pm
Cam12345 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:26 pm

Aaahhhh amazing well done to your DD!!!! He’s had an offer today but I didn’t want to look showy offy 🤦🏼‍♀️ he literally screamed down the phone 😂 we’ve got everything crossed for his friend who was waitlisted a few weeks ago!!

Did you look at the city accommodation? We weren’t overly keen when we looked on an open day

Has she got many more to do? I can’t wait for some breathing space! He’s got intermediate dance exams in two weeks so pressure on still! I don’t know how they do it on top of A levels as well, super stars!

Absolutely amazing and huge congratulations to your son!!! Don't ever worry about being showy offy these kids work so bloody hard we have to celebrate with like minded people when they do have successes and also commiserate rejections!
Yes she is some way through but has two recalls left and awaiting outcome of Mountview first round!
Does your son have a preference or where he would choose from his offers so far? Or any preference from other potential offers?
My daughter loved her look around Urdang
I didn't go and we haven't done any open days so pretty much leaving it up to her to decide from her offers so far and any other potential offers (🤞🏻) that's interesting about the accomodation what was it you weren't impressed with? My daughter had 3 friends also with offers so is considering a house share from year 1... She has done the whole student accomodation thing as she moved in to a student hall at 16 so isn't too fussed 😂
38ta
GRAMMY Award

Post by 38ta »

Well done lollipop on the offers! Nice to have choices. My dc has friends and Urdang and has been to the halls a few times and said they seem nice. He went out for drinks with lots of the crowd there and it seemed a good atmosphere.

I think he’ll see your son on Sat at GSA. So far he has an offer from Royal Welsh and is waiting to hear back from another. It’s been a weird stressful time as after one audition at central ( got recalls for MT and CDT but then the lovely rejection on UCAS) decided not to audition at 3 of his UCAS choices after all. Thought we’d be doing it all again next year. Trying to stay out of any decisions as it’s such a huge step they need to really want it eh?
Cam12345
BRIT Award

Post by Cam12345 »

Lollipop1 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:25 pm I’m going to drive him down to GSA on Friday for recall Saturday then we’re staying to Sunday, it’ll be nice to make a weekend of it and not just a flying visit for him!

We live just outside Sheffield, I dead to think what open days, cdmt conference, and auditions have cost in travel and hotels, prep for the next however many years I guess 🤪
Enjoy GSA on the weekend, my daughter spent 4 amazing years there at the jr conservatoire so it has a special place in both of our hearts. I spent 4 years mostly sitting in the car park for 5 hours waiting for her 😂. He will get to meet the most amazing of all people -tell him to look out for the legendary Peters Roberts who will most probably be playing the piano in vocal audition!!!
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

Cam12345 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:36 pm
Lollipop1 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:25 pm I’m going to drive him down to GSA on Friday for recall Saturday then we’re staying to Sunday, it’ll be nice to make a weekend of it and not just a flying visit for him!

Enjoy GSA on the weekend, my daughter spent 4 amazing years there at the jr conservatoire so it has a special place in both of our hearts. I spent 4 years mostly sitting in the car park for 5 hours waiting for her 😂. He will get to meet the most amazing of all people -tell him to look out for the legendary Peters Roberts who will most probably be playing the piano in vocal audition!!!

Well done everyone and never be worried about shouting it from the rooftops!

Still nothing from GSA, funnily enough it was Peter Roberts, when on an audition prep weekend, said to my daughter, who at that time still had her deferred place elsewhere, “sometimes you have to take a risk to get what you really want”. Not long after she decided to go through the process again, he was playing for her audition too!

We’re down at Guildford for PPA in a couple of weeks, we stay at a lovely hotel just a few miles out, The Clayton. Last time was cheaper than the premier inn, but the cost overall of fees, travel and hotels must be out of the reach of many.

Oh we had another date for Mountview submission, just need to
motivate her, she seems to think after the no at Arts she hasn’t a chance.
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

My son will be the lead student helper at the audition - I hope you both have a fantastic day.
Sahara
BRIT Award

Post by Sahara »

Best of luck to those at their GSA recall today. Hope they have a fabulous time. 🤞🤞
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

Hope everyone got on okay. Still waiting to hear on GSA foundation.

Have had nothing back from Italia Conti self tape either, apart from acknowledgement, has anyone else?

Emailed Rose Bruford checking they received the UCAS application as she’s had nothing from them either, but they haven’t replied!

Personally I think it’s appalling that they just can’t acknowledge or let people know if they’ve not been successful rather than keeping them hanging.