Chichester MT

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

K8t
BRIT Award

Chichester MT

Post by K8t »

DD has been offered a place at Chichester, can anyone tell me anything about it, how it is viewed in the industry, the training etc.

We are going down for another look in a couple of weeks, she’s very undecided, so any help would be welcome.

Thank you.
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Re: Chichester MT

Post by kzgirl »

Hello

Our daughter completed the triple threat musical theatre degree course and graduated in 2021 at Chichester. This course is fine if your are a favourite of the lecturers. When my husband and I went to the shows and (we went to all of them that were performed) we noticed it was the same students having the main roles. If any of the pupils get injured they are just written off anf no help is given from any of the lecturers. In fact the university is not that helpful with injuries. Our daughter survived but has not gone into a job with the performing arts and still lives in Chichester.
bankofmumma
Nominee

Post by bankofmumma »

OMG I totally agree with you. my DD has just finished her final year at Chichester MT triple threat and voiced all the same concerns. Tutors have obvious favourites and will concentrate all their efforts on them. My daughter did get a leading role in the end of year performance and worked so hard, through a cold and sickness and produced a really good performance. The MD made it clear from day one that she was not his choice and belittled her throughout the process. His final assessment score for her was so unbelievable that she is taking it further based on the fact that he scored another 'favoured' pupil much higher despite this particular pupil being absent from some of the rehearsals and ALL of the show performances. Sadly her life long passion for a career in MT ( she wanted to teach it) has been completely destroyed and she no longer has any interest in getting involved in the industry. All my daughter has for 3 years of hard work is a 55k debt. Chichester MT triple threat course DO NOT offer a quality training program, with only 2 hours a week acting training it is NOT Triple Treat, You get limited vocal tuition, some (not all) tutors lack empathy or professionalism and my DD was told by an industry professional, brought into the university for career advice, NOT to put Chichester MT on any CV unless you follow it up with a Masters, as the university is not respected in the industry, what is that about..... Can you tell im one angry mumma
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

DD accepted a place and deferred for a year, however she’s decided to audition for other colleges again, which means she has to drop Chichester to go through UCAS.

I didn’t tell her about your experiences, as she only had one offer, which she didn’t want, but there was something she felt wasn’t right for her at this time.

She did a weekend pre audition course at GSA last week and mentioned Chichester, they basically said, in not so many words, there are better courses around!

Maybe deferring snd having another bash is meant to be.