Laines vs LSC

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Hh44
Nominee

Laines vs LSC

Post by Hh44 »

Hello my DD has been offered her top 2 choices - Laines & LSC - for 2023 entry but is really struggling to decide which to go for. Both have funding implications, so taking that out of it, could anyone give me some perspectives on both/either please ?
Louisedunn
BRIT Award

Re: Laines vs LSC

Post by Louisedunn »

Hh44 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:27 pm Hello my DD has been offered her top 2 choices - Laines & LSC - for 2023 entry but is really struggling to decide which to go for. Both have funding implications, so taking that out of it, could anyone give me some perspectives on both/either please ?
Hiya, congratulations to your DD!! My dd or ds have never auditioned for LSC. My dd didn’t fancy Laine as thought it was too dancey, but I have just looked around it with my ds who is auditioning this year and i’ve been very impressed so far. Funding is an issue I admit, we would need a dada. Laine still seem very focused on dance technique, whilst having singing and acting (as well as acting thru song) from the first year. So I guess it depends on whether you would prefer all round MT training or a more danced based college. I’m thinking LSC is more danced based? But I could be wrong?
StartingLate
BRIT Award

Re: Laines vs LSC

Post by StartingLate »

Which of the two did your daughter decide on?
My DD thought was sure Laine would be her preferred option of the two, but later had a really enjoyable audition day at LSC, and wouldn’t find it easy to choose now.