Opportunities while in College - Favouritism

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Tess50
BRIT Award

Opportunities while in College - Favouritism

Post by Tess50 »

I have removed this post as I understand someone has copied the original post edited it and then reposted it into another group which in turn has led to bullying of a performer.

This sort of behaviour is not the spirit of this board or the Facebook and twitter threads that support it.

If I find out who did this they will be banned from all media channels. Please use the Facebook messaging service if you wish to contact me about this.

The behaviour of a few mean spirited individuals is dragging down a site that has been supporting young performers for close to 20 years and is a sad reflection on their personal insecurities.

Sadly this was actually a useful and valid thread and I repeat a shame that someone of a small group felt the need to ruin it.
Last edited by Tess50 on Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Re: Opportunities while in College - Favouritism

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

That is a shame, I’ve always found this site so useful and commented on this post as I felt it resonated with my dd. How sad that someone felt the need to do what they have done and well done for taking it down so swiftly.
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

Wow, what a shame someone had to do this. I did read the original post and although I didn't reply as it isn't a topic that has affected my DD, and therefore didn't feel I had any insight to offer, I did read with interest and thought it was a subject that should be talked about as it can affect a DC's confidence and mental health. This forum should be a safe place for parents to ask anything, and to be able to discuss something that worries them without it being taken outside of here. I'm so sorry this has happened :(
jacsrab
BRIT Award

Post by jacsrab »

Completely agree with you @MTDreams .I'm really sad to hear that this has happened and can't understand why someone would do that.The industry is tough enough without that sort of behaviour .
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

What a terrible shame. I am actually quite shocked this should have happened. I just despair at some peoples behaviour.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

You are aware that anyone can read these boards aren't you? It's an open forum not just limited to those who've joined up. Only members can post and send/receive messages and look through poster's profiles for posting history I believe, but the actual message boards anyone can read (and copy and paste elsewhere)

I try and be vague about my DD for this reason, but I'm sure I've still given enough details over the years to identify her. I'm sorry this has happened.
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

That sounds like dreadful behaviour. I didn’t see the post you’re referring to but how was the performer identified on another forum?
This forum is very helpful and supportive but I guess we have to be mindful that it’s public and anything we say can be repeated or reproduced