Auditioning for 2023 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Louisedunn
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2023 entry

Post by Louisedunn »

2good2hurry wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:13 pm I was thinking the same. Personally I’m sitting in a Wetherspoons awaiting the outcome of an audition! :)
Everything crossed!!
Louisedunn
BRIT Award

Post by Louisedunn »

So far my DS has had a 6th form offer from a local college. Has Bird this week and Conti recall next week. Has Wilkes and Laine in Feb half term. All 6th form and diploma applications as DS is only 16. Will update as and when!! Best of luck to everyone who is waiting around this week 😁
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Well done to those with offers and good luck to everyone else! Dd is yet to submit self tapes and to fill in application forms for some schools (leaving it so late makes me nervous!). So far she has only submitted a self tape to Lamda - got rejected for BA, told she would be considered for foundation. We couldn’t afford the foundation fees anyway, but she’s not sure if she wants to do a foundation (if lucky enough to be offered a funded one at any point), she seems keen to take a gap year if she doesn’t get in. I guess we’ll see how things develop over the coming months.
StartingLate
BRIT Award

Post by StartingLate »

DD has 2 auditions during midterm and 1 on following week. Waiting on dates for 2 more auditions.
Unfortunately she has 2 weeks of exam mocks just before midterm. Irish leaving Cert so 7 subjects and 10 exams! Not the best timing…. Original plan was to do auditions in Jan but she was late completing UCAS and late getting sorted with monologues and songs (she’s a dancer).
Good luck to all!
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

I think I’m late to the party! Rather like dd submitting her UCAS!!

Having only just started auditions - she’s had two - one was Central and not recalled. However, several of her classmates have offers for ICBrighton and Conti already.

Last weekend she attended a ‘pre audition’ MT course at GSA and they, rightly in my opinion, suggested she drop one of her well rehearsed audition songs, which had rather threw a spanner in the works, luckily she has another, if not so polished one! But she had used the other on two auditions and a self tape already!

How is everyone holding up?
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

Nice to see people posting again. DS finally sent off some of his applications but has a couple he still needs to do! He's another last-minute type.... So far DS has done really well; it feels wrong to go into any detail in case I jinx anything (!) but he's had some really nice news of recalls in a few places. I'll update as and when they have happened. All very exciting and also totally distracting as far as getting schoolwork done is concerned! :roll: Good luck to all. It's a bruising process but it sounds as if everyone has more or less got the ball rolling now.
Louisedunn
BRIT Award

Post by Louisedunn »

Hi guys, DS received a diploma offer from Bird yesterday! Gone to school super happy today 😊
Have a good weekend everyone!
StartingLate
BRIT Award

Post by StartingLate »

Oh well done and big congratulations to your DS!! Is that his first choice and he has finished with auditions or is he going to do some more?
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Louisedunn wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:57 pm Hi guys, DS received a diploma offer from Bird yesterday! Gone to school super happy today 😊
Congratulations and we’ll done to your ds, it certainly takes the pressure off if you’ve got an offer in the bag.
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Ditzi wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:31 am
Louisedunn wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:57 pm Hi guys, DS received a diploma offer from Bird yesterday! Gone to school super happy today 😊
Congratulations and well done to your ds, it certainly takes the pressure off if you’ve got an offer in the bag.
Louisedunn
BRIT Award

Post by Louisedunn »

StartingLate wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:14 pm Oh well done and big congratulations to your DS!! Is that his first choice and he has finished with auditions or is he going to do some more?
Hi StartingLate, thank you! He has three more auditions. One next week and two are in half term, one of which is a 6th form.
Bird isn’t his first choice, but he liked it and enjoyed the day and was so pleased they offered there and then. All comes down to funding of course and he is aware of that, so if the others don’t match the funding Bird offered, he’ll be very happy to go there.
Louisedunn
BRIT Award

Post by Louisedunn »

Ditzi wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:31 am
Congratulations and we’ll done to your ds, it certainly takes the pressure off if you’ve got an offer in the bag.
Thank you Ditzi! Yes it does, he is very happy 😊
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

biscuitsneeded wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:20 pm Nice to see people posting again. DS finally sent off some of his applications but has a couple he still needs to do! He's another last-minute type.... So far DS has done really well; it feels wrong to go into any detail in case I jinx anything (!) but he's had some really nice news of recalls in a few places. I'll update as and when they have happened. All very exciting and also totally distracting as far as getting schoolwork done is concerned! :roll: Good luck to all. It's a bruising process but it sounds as if everyone has more or less got the ball rolling now.
Sounds encouraging, getting a recall is definitely a confidence booster! Good luck!
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

So we’re back again for another fun year of audition trauma! DS didn’t get the degree offers he so desperately wanted last year and didn’t take the offer of Foundations either which is terrifying as he has just decided to take a year out and experience life outside of college whilst keeping up his training. He learnt his mistake of only applying for a handful of top courses last year and has had much more success so far. Got a degree offer just before Christmas which is fantastic as he knows he has somewhere to go now and has recalls at Mountview, RAM, RCS and Royal Welsh to go. Managed to navigate the no’s he has also received with more positivity knowing all is not lost. Will be so so so happy to get this all over and done with, I can’t bare the waiting!
Wishing everyone auditioning the best of luck, it’s a horrible process and you just have to keep reminding them a no doesn’t mean you’re not good enough, it just means you’re not right for that cohort. At least that’s what I am trying to drill into my DS! Absolutely emotionally exhausting.
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Thinking of you all as you continue on this rollercoaster ride. DD is in her 2nd year and thriving - but I can't imagine going through all that audition madness again! It takes over your lives. But hang on in there. It's worth it in the end. DS starts rehearsals next week for his West End debut. The resilience they learn through this college audition process puts them in a very good position to cope with the ups and downs of life as a performer once they've graduated. Every good wish to them all and to all you supportive parents too! They can't do it without you!