Auditioning for 2023 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Re: Auditioning for 2023 entry

Post by islandofsodor »

Louisedunn wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:57 pm Hi guys, DS received a diploma offer from Bird yesterday! Gone to school super happy today 😊
Have a good weekend everyone!
Well done to him
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

Louisedunn wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:57 pm Hi guys, DS received a diploma offer from Bird yesterday! Gone to school super happy today 😊
Managed to miss this great news! Congrats to your DS! 😊
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

@louiseDunn Many congrats to your DS! That's great news. Having that first offer must change everything in terms of giving confidence for other auditions, knowing there's one in the bag already.
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

Well done. I can only imagine the relief of an offer. DD didn’t get a recall for Leeds Conservatoire, I’m shocked to be honest, but she’s being pragmatic about it. Guess she’s not what they’re looking for.

It’s so hard watching her go through it. At times I feel physically sick! 🥺
Louisedunn
BRIT Award

Post by Louisedunn »

=D>
Proseccoplease wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:45 pm So we’re back again for another fun year of audition trauma! DS didn’t get the degree offers he so desperately wanted last year and didn’t take the offer of Foundations either which is terrifying as he has just decided to take a year out and experience life outside of college whilst keeping up his training. He learnt his mistake of only applying for a handful of top courses last year and has had much more success so far. Got a degree offer just before Christmas which is fantastic as he knows he has somewhere to go now and has recalls at Mountview, RAM, RCS and Royal Welsh to go. Managed to navigate the no’s he has also received with more positivity knowing all is not lost. Will be so so so happy to get this all over and done with, I can’t bare the waiting!
Wishing everyone auditioning the best of luck, it’s a horrible process and you just have to keep reminding them a no doesn’t mean you’re not good enough, it just means you’re not right for that cohort. At least that’s what I am trying to drill into my DS! Absolutely emotionally exhausting.
@Proseccoplease It is exhausting, you’re right!
Sounds like your DS is having more luck this year, huge well done to him! Amazing colleges to have got recalls at, as well as an offer received already! It sounds like a year out wasn’t a bad thing (wish my DD had done same thing!), so great to hear that he kept up his training, it has obviously paid off. Fantastic.
Louisedunn
BRIT Award

Post by Louisedunn »

islandofsodor wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:05 pm
Well done to him
@islandofsodor Thank you!
Louisedunn
BRIT Award

Post by Louisedunn »

Proseccoplease wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:29 pm
Managed to miss this great news! Congrats to your DS! 😊
@Prosesccoplease Thank you!
Louisedunn
BRIT Award

Post by Louisedunn »

biscuitsneeded wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:53 pm @louiseDunn Many congrats to your DS! That's great news. Having that first offer must change everything in terms of giving confidence for other auditions, knowing there's one in the bag already.
@biscuitsneeded Thank you, yes it does. Had more confidence at yesterday’s audition and received another offer, so things appears to be going well - so far 🙂
Louisedunn
BRIT Award

Post by Louisedunn »

K8t wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:00 pm
Well done. I can only imagine the relief of an offer. DD didn’t get a recall for Leeds Conservatoire, I’m shocked to be honest, but she’s being pragmatic about it. Guess she’s not what they’re looking for.

It’s so hard watching her go through it. At times I feel physically sick! 🥺
K8t Thank you.
I understand how you feel! When I went through it with my DD two years ago it was tough, I was checking email’s constantly.
Has your DD applied anywhere else?
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

@LouiseDunn another offer for your DS? That's brilliant - well done to him. Is it somewhere he would choose over Bird, or just one that's nice to have? Or will it come down to finance arrangements?

@K8T - I'm sorry your daughter didn't get a Leeds recall. I hope she isn't too disappointed. Hopefully she will get better news from elsewhere. How many applications has she made?
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

Question about CENTRAL - Can I ask if anyone on here has had news of a final recall at Central for MT? My DS went there 10 days ago and got recalled to the pm, and has since received invitations to 2 final recalls - one for Acting and one for CDT. He didn't really want the MT course and is more than happy with this outcome. Some of his friends were also recalled to the pm on the day of audition, but their UCAS has subsequently updated to a rejection, meaning no final recall. However, one of his friends who auditioned earlier than him and was also recalled to pm on her day, has heard nothing at all. Her UCAS hasn't changed and she hasn't received any emails. We're trying to help her work out if this might be good news, and a MT final recall is coming shortly, or if in fact everyone has heard about MT final recalls and she has actually been lost in the system somewhere. If anyone has a DC in this process, or knows anyone who is, please let us know!
Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proseccoplease »

Thanks @LouiseDunn fantastic news for you too!
@K8T I honestly know exactly how you feel. Last year was so so hard and each no left me feeling more and more sick. You feel every disappointment in your very soul. I hope she has some more auditions ahead? Good luck, remember you often only hear of the offers, no one talks about all the no's! DS has had plenty of those too!
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

They might be still deciding, maybe email them if she doesn’t hear back soon, to make sure she didn’t get lost in the system. Did they say how long it will take to get back to her after the audition? Well done to your ds for getting to the finals, he seems to be doing really well. Dd has finally booked her audition for Central, not until March though. She’s making progress with her applications and submissions but doesn’t seem to be in any hurry. She’s very busy with college work and auditions for their final show, there’s a lot going on right now, as for everyone else, I’m sure.
LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Post by LizzyBee »

biscuitsneeded wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:20 pm Nice to see people posting again. DS finally sent off some of his applications but has a couple he still needs to do! He's another last-minute type.... So far DS has done really well; it feels wrong to go into any detail in case I jinx anything (!) but he's had some really nice news of recalls in a few places. I'll update as and when they have happened. All very exciting and also totally distracting as far as getting schoolwork done is concerned! :roll: Good luck to all. It's a bruising process but it sounds as if everyone has more or less got the ball rolling now.
My DD is in a similar position, got recalls last year to few top places but not the offer, also passed on foundation but has kept up her training. Actually was probably a blessing as she had a small polyp removed in June and has been working hard on vocal rehab hence we’re only just putting in apps now, eek! But needed the time to get ready to tape etc.
LizzyBee
BRIT Award

Post by LizzyBee »

biscuitsneeded wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:01 pm Question about CENTRAL - Can I ask if anyone on here has had news of a final recall at Central for MT? My DS went there 10 days ago and got recalled to the pm, and has since received invitations to 2 final recalls - one for Acting and one for CDT. He didn't really want the MT course and is more than happy with this outcome. Some of his friends were also recalled to the pm on the day of audition, but their UCAS has subsequently updated to a rejection, meaning no final recall. However, one of his friends who auditioned earlier than him and was also recalled to pm on her day, has heard nothing at all. Her UCAS hasn't changed and she hasn't received any emails. We're trying to help her work out if this might be good news, and a MT final recall is coming shortly, or if in fact everyone has heard about MT final recalls and she has actually been lost in the system somewhere. If anyone has a DC in this process, or knows anyone who is, please let us know!
Sorry I’m not answering your question but coming back with one! We saw the audition says unaccompanied song, does that mean you can’t use even a backing track or do they just mean they won’t have a pianist there? Thanks! Btw why does your DS not fancy the MT at Central? Curious as my DD feels same, she’d do acting there but probably not MT. Good luck with the recalls :)