Maintenance loan

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Moonfaery8
BRIT Award

Maintenance loan

Post by Moonfaery8 »

I’ve just seen notification of the maintenance loan amount for my DD and it’s a lot less than expected. She is going to Bird. My understanding was that Bird fell under London amount?
Does anyone know if this is the case?
Thanks
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Re: Maintenance loan

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

It always was, anywhere within the M25 was classed as London so this includes Bird, unless they’ve checked their range? Dd has just applied for her 3rd year of maintenance loan (not at Bird) and it is a nightmare to get all the correct info in. Don’t mean to sound derogatory but have you double checked your dd put all the correct info in at her end, and defo put that she’s training in London?
2littledancers
BRIT Award

Post by 2littledancers »

Can I just ask when you mention submitting the correct info what you mean ? We didn’t have to supply any info and had confirmation through the post with 2/3 days ? Our submission was very simple . Just wondering how this differs ?
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Did you create parent accounts and enter your income?
2littledancers
BRIT Award

Post by 2littledancers »

Nope , didn’t do this with my eldest either for the last 3 years . Is that because she has only claimed the basic ?
Moonfaery8
BRIT Award

Post by Moonfaery8 »

All sorted.
I called SFE and they offer the basic amount initially and then do the higher amount once extra evidence is submitted. So they will recalculate and give new figure in a few weeks. Seems an odd way to go about it as I’ve already submitted the supporting evidence. Oh well at least I know she’ll be getting the same as my other DD.
Also, Bird does come under London.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

Is this her first year? I suspect it's because you missed the May 20th deadline for new starters. So have we because DD hadn't finished all her auditions by this date so didn't know what she was doing. So they give something to start off with and then re-adjust. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/appl ... demic-year
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

2littledancers wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:41 am Nope , didn’t do this with my eldest either for the last 3 years . Is that because she has only claimed the basic ?
Yes, if you are only claiming the basic then you don;t have to submit any parental income details.