Sad news about ALRA

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

lawn
GRAMMY Award

Re: Sad news about ALRA

Post by lawn »

islandofsodor wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:20 pm The website says they are in talks with Dept of Education about getting DaDas transferred.

Have a read and see what your thoughts are. https://www.bruford.ac.uk/rose-bruford- ... r-courses/
Cheers. This is interesting.

Who will award my degree?

For those of you graduating this year, the awarding body will still be St. Mary’s University for all awards other than the MFA Linklater Teaching Practice. Any students graduating from that award, or for those of you graduating in the year 22-23 or 23-24 , Rose Bruford College will be the awarding body

If my understanding is correct, RB will now need to create their own degree.
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

That could be good for students because as an awarding body rather than a validated degree students will be entitled to apply for the full amount of student finance.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

islandofsodor wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:58 am That could be good for students because as an awarding body rather than a validated degree students will be entitled to apply for the full amount of student finance.
From memory though, their fees weren't far off what Arts Ed and MV charge, so maybe around £14k p.a, I'm guessing a student can't borrow more than £9250 regardless? That was the case when DD was going to a different drama school. Their fees were £10,500 but we would have had to pay £1250 directly to the school each year, the rest came from student finance. Unless you mean RB can charge them less than ALRA was going to?