BYMT Summer Camp

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Love an Earl grey
Nominee

BYMT Summer Camp

Post by Love an Earl grey »

Hi, I've never posted on anything like this before, so sorry if I have done anything wrong. My 12 year old DD is a very keen amateur performer, she mainly loves singing and acting but also enjoys dance. She auditioned last year for BYMT but apparently she was one point away from getting in (her dance let her down). I was thinking of letting her audition again but as she is very quiet child and due to school trips being cancelled due to covid she has never been overnight anywhere, so I'm concerned about her going away for 2 to 3 weeks. Does anyone have experience of the week long BYMT summer camps? Would this be a better option to give her an experience of staying away at something like this? then next year she could try to audition again. I can't find any reviews anywhere for the summer camps. We are based in Yorkshire so my other thought was the Hammond Summer camp in Chester, but I think that is largely dance based. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Re: BYMT Summer Camp

Post by lawn »

Have you had a look at Tring summer schools. My daughter did them age 14 and 15 (and I tried booking too late or she'd have done at 16 too their max age). They do an acting, MT and dance course. Think they were 3 or 4 nights long. We're in Yorkshire too so a bit of a drive, but daughter loved it and at 19 is still in touch with some people she met there. They're a boarding school so geared up to having kids away from home.
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

Have a look at NYMT too. Highly recommended.
Love an Earl grey
Nominee

Thank you. I'll have a look at Tring. I know someone who went there full time. I'll investigate. Thank you
Love an Earl grey
Nominee

Thank you biscuitsneeded, I've had a look at NYMT but I think we are too late for this year. Maybe next year
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

You'e not too late for the NYMT summer course - just for the auditioned productions. Or were you looking at a last-minute audition for a BYMT show? Sorry, I had thought you wanted a summer camp.