Change 100

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

RoseTowers4
GRAMMY Award

Change 100

Post by RoseTowers4 »

Stowe School, a day and boarding school in Buckingham, have recently set up Change 100. This is to enable children who have a keen interest in drama, music, art or sport a place at Stowe, with anything up to 100% of the fees paid through scholarships and bursaries. They started it last September and took 10 children of all ages, including my ds. Eventually they plan to have up to 100 children at Stowe through Change 100 (hence the name). My ds had to do academic tests and interviews but they are looking for children whose lives they can change rather than the most academic.

Stowe School is not a theatre school but they offer excellent drama and music lessons in their curriculum. They also put on musicals and plays in their own Roxburgh Hall Theatre. Most recently it was the musical Oliver and it was quite spectacular. As part of it my ds had private singing lessons which were paid by the school. The facilities they offer are brilliant with their own music school and theatre where my ds has music and drama lessons and the academic support is phenomenal. We never thought ds would be offered a place and were absolutely stunned when he was so it is definitely worth looking at. I hope this helps someone as much as it helped our ds. If anyone wants any info please just ask. :D
suzcarlaj
Nominee

Re: Change 100

Post by suzcarlaj »

Wow that sounds amazing! Best of luck to him, he must have lots of potential to get a place 🙂
RoseTowers4
GRAMMY Award

Re: Change 100

Post by RoseTowers4 »

Thank you suzcarlaj - that's kind of you. It really has been an incredible opportunity. Just to add that his singing teacher was in Phantom of the Opera. My ds is now in rehearsals for Treasure Island and his academic grades have gone up across all his subjects and he's settled into Stowe School really well.