Fully funded places at award winning college

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

sandiek123
BRIT Award

Fully funded places at award winning college

Post by sandiek123 »

In case anyone has missed this - The MTA is offering 10 fully funded places to deserving students who would otherwise be unable to attend drama school. In recent years The MTA has twice won The Stage’s “School of the Year” award and has an enviable reputation in the industry for the outstanding vocational training it offers and its unmatched focus on mental health.
I have no agenda, I am simply the mum of a student who made the best decision of her life by deciding to train there. The audition is free and they give their decision on the day, along with written feedback.
What are you waiting for…?!
jacsrab
BRIT Award

Re: Fully funded places at award winning college

Post by jacsrab »

Completely agree!
Fantastic training with small numbers that mean that you are always seen. Seriously intensive with a public performance at the end of each 10 week term and taught by current performing professionals. It's also 50/50 stage /screen split adding to future employability skills .This years first years have just completed a filmed musical shot in London and have learnt so much. Vocational training at it's best!
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

I'm guessing since it's October tomorrow that they found enough people to train?

As someone who lives too far from drama schools that means communing is not an option, I do think offers like these would have to be targeted to the right areas as people who can't usually afford to train, would also need to live somewhere close by and be able to afford their living costs, even if they were to work alongside their studies. I have frequently wished we lived a lot nearer many drama schools or had a conveniently situated relative to send DD to live with. It would have opened up far more opportunities to her than having to restrict what she does.
jacsrab
BRIT Award

Post by jacsrab »

Yes, indeed they have.
Applications open for Oct 22 from tomorrow too.