Urdang summer school

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Hilltop
GRAMMY Award

Urdang summer school

Post by Hilltop »

Is the Urdang summer school any good? My DD is considering it as a friend is going but as it’s a lot of money, want to make sure it’s worth it. She’s 15 and considering attending a performing arts 6th form next year.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Re: Urdang summer school

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Hilltop wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:34 am Is the Urdang summer school any good? My DD is considering it as a friend is going but as it’s a lot of money, want to make sure it’s worth it. She’s 15 and considering attending a performing arts 6th form next year.
My 2 girls went in 2018 aged 13 and 17 and loved it, it is a lot of money but they did get full on training so I kind of think it’s worth it. However, I do think the Performers summer school is better value for money as they get evening activities and lunch included, plus they can arrange accommodation with a host for the week very reasonably whereas when my girls went to Urdang we had to book it as a week’s holiday and stayed in a flat via Airbnb for the week. I guess if she has a friend going to Urdang she won’t be interested in Performers but it is worth comparing both.
Hilltop
GRAMMY Award

Post by Hilltop »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:48 am
Hilltop wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:34 am Is the Urdang summer school any good? My DD is considering it as a friend is going but as it’s a lot of money, want to make sure it’s worth it. She’s 15 and considering attending a performing arts 6th form next year.
My 2 girls went in 2018 aged 13 and 17 and loved it, it is a lot of money but they did get full on training so I kind of think it’s worth it. However, I do think the Performers summer school is better value for money as they get evening activities and lunch included, plus they can arrange accommodation with a host for the week very reasonably whereas when my girls went to Urdang we had to book it as a week’s holiday and stayed in a flat via Airbnb for the week. I guess if she has a friend going to Urdang she won’t be interested in Performers but it is worth comparing both.
Unfortunately the Performers course has been and gone. Did the Urdang course include acting?
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Hilltop wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:21 pm
MygirlsloveMT wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:48 am
Unfortunately the Performers course has been and gone. Did the Urdang course include acting?
Dd said it didn’t have acting but not sure if it does now. She said it was mainly dancing with some singing lessons, it all basically worked to the show at the end of the week. Such a shame if Performers have stopped doing it, they don’t usually advertise it until later in the year xx
Hilltop
GRAMMY Award

Post by Hilltop »

MygirlsloveMT the Performers was on this year but we missed it!

Do you know how they arranged the age groups? My DD is 15 and she’s keen to know the age range she’ll be with before we commit. Thanks.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Hilltop wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:33 pm MygirlsloveMT the Performers was on this year but we missed it!

Do you know how they arranged the age groups? My DD is 15 and she’s keen to know the age range she’ll be with before we commit. Thanks.
I don’t I’m afraid, my 13yr old and 17yr old were in different age groups and I do recall my eldest saying she was the oldest in her group so I would guess there were 15yr olds in that group but not 100% sure.