2021 Graduates!

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Marissa
GRAMMY Award

2021 Graduates!

Post by Marissa »

Hi all, this journey for our dd and me as a mum has been a rollercoaster, from getting into a school ( all those auditions! ) to surviving a degree during Covid! It’s been really tough for my dd but we have had a happy ending considering everything, very lucky. My dd worked so hard to be where she is and like you all with your children I’m very proud. How have you found the ride?
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Re: 2021 Graduates!

Post by jennifer1972 »

Hello!
My DD graduated from Millennium in London last year. She was lucky enough to get an agent through the agents going to the college.(Just as well, as the agent showcase in person didn't happen) She was offered a cruise contract before she graduated, started rehearsals and then 2 weeks in, it all ground to a halt. She has been working as a carer for the past year but has had the call to go back down to Southampton to start rehearsals again, so fingers crossed! She was one of the lucky ones as so many of the 2020 cohort didn't manage to get agents/jobs. Hopefully things start picking up for them all again soon!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

jennifer1972 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:07 pm Hello!
My DD graduated from Millennium in London last year. She was lucky enough to get an agent through the agents going to the college.(Just as well, as the agent showcase in person didn't happen) She was offered a cruise contract before she graduated, started rehearsals and then 2 weeks in, it all ground to a halt. She has been working as a carer for the past year but has had the call to go back down to Southampton to start rehearsals again, so fingers crossed! She was one of the lucky ones as so many of the 2020 cohort didn't manage to get agents/jobs. Hopefully things start picking up for them all again soon!
Oh my that must have been devastating at the time. I’m so glad she has been called back. My daughter would love,love, love to get a cruise contract. Everything crossed for your dd!
Belledancer
BRIT Award

Post by Belledancer »

I saw on Facebook that Fred Olsen Cruise Liners are holding auditions in London at beginning of September. I think it was being advertised by Pop Up Entertainment Ltd .
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

So dd has moved from Chester to London eek! Though she still needs a permanent place to live before her MA starts in October.

She had two agent offers, she decided to do the agent showcase (others who were planning further study declined) to keep her options open but she was upfront with agents about not wanting to apply for performing jobs that would prevent her starting her MA. I personally feel that she chose the wrong agent as I feel the other one appears to have more opportunities but it was her decision.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

islandofsodor wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:45 am So dd has moved from Chester to London eek! Though she still needs a permanent place to live before her MA starts in October.

She had two agent offers, she decided to do the agent showcase (others who were planning further study declined) to keep her options open but she was upfront with agents about not wanting to apply for performing jobs that would prevent her starting her MA. I personally feel that she chose the wrong agent as I feel the other one appears to have more opportunities but it was her decision.
Exciting for her!!! The agent thing is stressful, but as my dd says you don’t have to stay with them forever if you feel it’s not working xx We are just waiting now to see if any auditions come through her agent. Everything crossed!
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Where is your DD based Marissa? I think a lot of them have to take the plunge to move towards London, as if an audition comes through, it is often with very little warning!!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

jennifer1972 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:06 am Where is your DD based Marissa? I think a lot of them have to take the plunge to move towards London, as if an audition comes through, it is often with very little warning!!
South Wales!!! It’s her plan to move closer to London sooner or later. But she has a few other bases and is quite prepared to travel so touchwood. Just a waiting game.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

jennifer1972 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:06 am Where is your DD based Marissa? I think a lot of them have to take the plunge to move towards London, as if an audition comes through, it is often with very little warning!!
South Wales!!! It’s her plan to move closer to London sooner or later. But she has a few other bases and is quite prepared to travel so touchwood. I wish she had a London base to stop at though lol. Just a waiting game.
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Hope the auditions start coming through soon for her!!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

jennifer1972 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:50 am Hope the auditions start coming through soon for her!!
Thank you xx
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Yippee auditions are starting to come in! Everything crossed now x
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Ooh exciting!! What for?
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

A few things x I wont say. It’s quiet again so just waiting lol and hoping for her x