Auditioning for 2022 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2022 entry

Post by MTDreams »

lotsolaffs wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:44 am
Harry2003 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:01 am
mrs_lovett wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:51 pm Thanks Harry2003! Hope your ds is happy in his course, it's such an exciting time for them! Where did he choose in the end, I seem to remember he had a great set of offers! Good luck to everyone starting their new courses, I'm sure they will all have a blast!
Thank you. He chose GSA. We considered it very carefully together but I knew he had just fallen in love with GSA. He was very fortunate to have choices.
My DD is starting her third year there and like yours, fell in love with GSA the minute she went for her first audition.
Be assured the training is fantastic, excellent teachers, supportive and interested in a student's development as a person and performer,
She is looking forward to Fresher's week, I think tickets are being sold already for various things going on. He will get his aunty or uncle too in first year, there to be supportive if needed.
He has honestly so much to look forward to, I am immensely proud of mine getting in and can't wait to see her in her third year shows ( there are five and they will be in three of them ) she is lead in one .
If he is interested in any part time work please pm and I can give you the details of an events company that quite a few work for.
Enjoy your time with him at home until he starts.
My DD is starting her 2nd year and I always go and see the shows. I can't wait to see this years :)
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

Harry2003 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:30 am
mrs_lovett wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:43 pm

Thank you. He chose GSA. We considered it very carefully together but I knew he had just fallen in love with GSA. He was very fortunate to have choices.
That's great! My dd will be there on foundation too, she just loved it! I'm sure they will both have an amazing time!
Oh fantastic! It is so exciting for them. I’m looking forward to hearing all about it.
Good luck to both your DC's! They will have an amazing time :)
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

MTDreams wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:35 pm
Harry2003 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:30 am
mrs_lovett wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:43 pm

That's great! My dd will be there on foundation too, she just loved it! I'm sure they will both have an amazing time!
Oh fantastic! It is so exciting for them. I’m looking forward to hearing all about it.
Good luck to both your DC's! They will have an amazing time :)
Thank you. 😊
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

I just wanted to say good luck to everyones DC's. It's a very exciting time for all. I am sure there is a lot of nervous energy going on everywhere!. I have been lucky to see, not just my DD, but some of her friends go off to all different drama/dance schools over the last few years and the growth they have all made in maturity and talent is so lovely to see. There's no doubt that they have to work hard, but they are truly doing something they love, so for that they are very lucky :D
Elle’smom
BRIT Award

Post by Elle’smom »

Wishing everyone’s DC good luck. We are in the final prep DD is picking up her flat keys this afternoon.
I am facing up to an empty house.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

MTDreams wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:32 pm

My DD is starting her third year there and like yours, fell in love with GSA the minute she went for her first audition.
Be assured the training is fantastic, excellent teachers, supportive and interested in a student's development as a person and performer,
She is looking forward to Fresher's week, I think tickets are being sold already for various things going on. He will get his aunty or uncle too in first year, there to be supportive if needed.
He has honestly so much to look forward to, I am immensely proud of mine getting in and can't wait to see her in her third year shows ( there are five and they will be in three of them ) she is lead in one .
If he is interested in any part time work please pm and I can give you the details of an events company that quite a few work for.
My DD is starting her 2nd year and I always go and see the shows. I can't wait to see this years :)
Goodluck all, and my daughter decided to go back and do her masters at GSA as she felt covid messed up her training x
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Marissa wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:51 pm

Goodluck all, and my daughter decided to go back and do her masters at GSA as she felt covid messed up her training x
Lots of GSA mums on here! 🤣🤣
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Harry2003 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:23 pm

I should add back to training, not back to GSA so it will be new for her.
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

Marissa wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:50 pm
Good luck to your DD!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

MTDreams wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:25 pm
Marissa wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:50 pm

Good luck to your DD!
Thank you x
Gymmom
Nominee

Post by Gymmom »

Hi just found out a week ago my DD got a place on the BA Acting course at Mountview. Delighted but a mad rush to get ready to move to London. She turned 18 four days later so it’s been a fantastic celebration. Good luck to everyone starting over the next couple of weeks
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Gymmom wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:59 am Hi just found out a week ago my DD got a place on the BA Acting course at Mountview. Delighted but a mad rush to get ready to move to London. She turned 18 four days later so it’s been a fantastic celebration. Good luck to everyone starting over the next couple of weeks
How wonderful! Congratulations to your DD.
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

mumofshowgirl wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:30 pm Hi,
Does anyone have any experience with Drama Studio London in Grange Court London W5. My dd has been offered a place on the 1 year course in Acting and wondered how their training is and their productions as well as any work opportunities after the training. Do they easily get agent representation?
Hi mumofshowgirl,

What has your dd decided in the end? Has she accepted or declined her place at dsl? My dd is currently trying to decide which schools to apply to for a 3 year course and I remembered your dd’s dilemma about this school. If you wouldn’t mind letting me know, you can dm me if you prefer. Thank you
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Hoping all new starters are settling into their courses. My DS absolutely LOVES GSA. Couldn’t be happier. Early days but signs are incredibly positive.
mrs_lovett
GRAMMY Award

Post by mrs_lovett »

Yep! Mine too, she's having an amazing time, freshers sounded awesome, she loves the course and has some fab flatmates. Hope everyone's dc are settled and happy!