Auditioning for 2022 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Elle’smom
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2022 entry

Post by Elle’smom »

Just like any other course you should contact the institution as there maybe some flexibility with the offer.
Good luck tomorrow, so glad DD OCR and we already know, don’t envy anyone waiting.
Dillydaffy
BRIT Award

Post by Dillydaffy »

Thanks elliesmom.

What does OCR mean?? ☺️
Elle’smom
BRIT Award

Post by Elle’smom »

It’s an OCR extended diploma so similar to a BTEC equivalent to 3 A levels, but very practical. They had their results 1/7.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Dillydaffy wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:30 pm Just hopping on now, (as likely won’t be able to tomorrow) to wish everyone luck for A level results on Thursday-hope everything works out for everyone!!

With that in mind, what would be likely to happen if someone *wasn’t* to quite get the required grades……..

Asking for a friend………🫣🥴🤞🏻
♥️
Goodluck x
Dillydaffy
BRIT Award

Post by Dillydaffy »

Elle’smom wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:22 am It’s an OCR extended diploma so similar to a BTEC equivalent to 3 A levels, but very practical. They had their results 1/7.
Ah- thank you.
Dillydaffy
BRIT Award

Post by Dillydaffy »

Well, we are a happy household today, hurrah! Bird here we come! ☺️
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Just wanted to wish everyone starting their new courses in September, all the best of luck. What an exciting journey and I hope all DC’s have a great time.
mrs_lovett
GRAMMY Award

Post by mrs_lovett »

Thanks Harry2003! Hope your ds is happy in his course, it's such an exciting time for them! Where did he choose in the end, I seem to remember he had a great set of offers! Good luck to everyone starting their new courses, I'm sure they will all have a blast!
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

mrs_lovett wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:51 pm Thanks Harry2003! Hope your ds is happy in his course, it's such an exciting time for them! Where did he choose in the end, I seem to remember he had a great set of offers! Good luck to everyone starting their new courses, I'm sure they will all have a blast!
Thank you. He chose GSA. We considered it very carefully together but I knew he had just fallen in love with GSA. He was very fortunate to have choices.
croserodgers
Nominee

Post by croserodgers »

Hello Im looking for some info...im a complete novice at this and me and DD are looking at applications for 2023...can someone let me know do you have to send in UCAS before you apply for an audition?? I know the deadline for UCAS is in Feb but could she say have an audition then send in her UCAS form
I know Emil Dale is not UCAS so thats grand othesr we are looking at are Conti, Wilkes, GSA, Urdang and Sharpe. Any advice would be great thank you so much x
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

croserodgers wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:41 pm Hello Im looking for some info...im a complete novice at this and me and DD are looking at applications for 2023...can someone let me know do you have to send in UCAS before you apply for an audition?? I know the deadline for UCAS is in Feb but could she say have an audition then send in her UCAS form
I know Emil Dale is not UCAS so thats grand othesr we are looking at are Conti, Wilkes, GSA, Urdang and Sharpe. Any advice would be great thank you so much x
I am afraid they are all a bit different. You need to look very carefully at all the websites to know exactly what each college requires. Urdang have their own application form AND UCAS form application. DS got audition through very quickly for Urdang, it was his first audition in December and lovely to have an early offer to take pressure off (also one of the cheapest colleges to hold an offer with). We got UCAS form in by end of October. GSA just want you to apply through UCAS only. EDA is now a UCAS application where you apply under the University of Bedford. Used to be able to apply directly for an audition (check on website what process is now for degree course). I had a very detailed spreadsheet going this time last year with all application and audition requirements.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Harry2003 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:01 am
mrs_lovett wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:51 pm Thanks Harry2003! Hope your ds is happy in his course, it's such an exciting time for them! Where did he choose in the end, I seem to remember he had a great set of offers! Good luck to everyone starting their new courses, I'm sure they will all have a blast!
Thank you. He chose GSA. We considered it very carefully together but I knew he had just fallen in love with GSA. He was very fortunate to have choices.
My DD is starting her third year there and like yours, fell in love with GSA the minute she went for her first audition.
Be assured the training is fantastic, excellent teachers, supportive and interested in a student's development as a person and performer,
She is looking forward to Fresher's week, I think tickets are being sold already for various things going on. He will get his aunty or uncle too in first year, there to be supportive if needed.
He has honestly so much to look forward to, I am immensely proud of mine getting in and can't wait to see her in her third year shows ( there are five and they will be in three of them ) she is lead in one .
If he is interested in any part time work please pm and I can give you the details of an events company that quite a few work for.
Enjoy your time with him at home until he starts.
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

lotsolaffs wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:44 am
My DD is starting her third year there and like yours, fell in love with GSA the minute she went for her first audition.
Be assured the training is fantastic, excellent teachers, supportive and interested in a student's development as a person and performer,
She is looking forward to Fresher's week, I think tickets are being sold already for various things going on. He will get his aunty or uncle too in first year, there to be supportive if needed.
He has honestly so much to look forward to, I am immensely proud of mine getting in and can't wait to see her in her third year shows ( there are five and they will be in three of them ) she is lead in one .
If he is interested in any part time work please pm and I can give you the details of an events company that quite a few work for.
Enjoy your time with him at home until he starts.
Ah, thank you so much! It sounds wonderful and so exciting. He can’t wait to start. Amazing that your DD has a lead role in one of the shows! No doubt I will be going down to watch a few shows to combine with a weekend away! I will definitely PM you re events company, thank you.
mrs_lovett
GRAMMY Award

Post by mrs_lovett »

That's great! My dd will be there on foundation too, she just loved it! I'm sure they will both have an amazing time!
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

mrs_lovett wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:43 pm
That's great! My dd will be there on foundation too, she just loved it! I'm sure they will both have an amazing time!
Oh fantastic! It is so exciting for them. I’m looking forward to hearing all about it.