Auditioning for 2022 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Dillydaffy
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2022 entry

Post by Dillydaffy »

Decisions have been made!! Dd has withdrawn from the Urdang waiting list, and firmed up her offers on Ucas, with Bird being her no 1 choice.
She has also secured accommodation for next year,so it all seems very real now. Very exciting, and I’ve only had the slightest wobble just yesterday !!!
Good luck to all those still waiting to hear, and those yet to make decisions

☺️
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Dillydaffy wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:40 am Decisions have been made!! Dd has withdrawn from the Urdang waiting list, and firmed up her offers on Ucas, with Bird being her no 1 choice.
She has also secured accommodation for next year,so it all seems very real now. Very exciting, and I’ve only had the slightest wobble just yesterday !!!

☺️
Fantastic! Well done - and breathe!
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

Wispa wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:49 pm
2good2hurry wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:45 am Just wondering if anyone is waiting for Conti recall results from W/C 11th April? DD had hers on 14th. Thanks :D
DD went on the 13th April but we haven’t heard anything yet .
Any update your end Wispa? Nothing here yet. X
Dillydaffy
BRIT Award

Post by Dillydaffy »

Harry2003 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:32 am
Dillydaffy wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:40 am Decisions have been made!! Dd has withdrawn from the Urdang waiting list, and firmed up her offers on Ucas, with Bird being her no 1 choice.

☺️
Fantastic! Well done - and breathe!
Thanks Harry2003
😬
It’s her dance school’s annual prizegiving/showcase this weekend,- the dance school she’s been with since she was 3, so the real end of an era!!!

I’ve ordered an industrial size box of tissues🤣🥹
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

That's great news Dillydaffy and Redwire! Congratulations to both your dc and good luck to them on the next stage of their journeys!
Redwire
Nominee

Post by Redwire »

[/quote]

Thanks Harry2003
😬
It’s her dance school’s annual prizegiving/showcase this weekend,- the dance school she’s been with since she was 3, so the real end of an era!!!

[/quote]

Similar situation here - tonight it’s my son’s final night in his final show at the theatre company he’s been with for more than half his life before he heads off to LIPA. It absolutely feels like the end of an era and we’re all going to be in bits! 😭
Elle’smom
BRIT Award

Post by Elle’smom »

☺️
Glad she’s made a decision and accommodation 3 of the 8 on DD’s course are going to Bird.
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

Anyone still hanging on for Conti recall results? X
mrs_lovett
GRAMMY Award

Post by mrs_lovett »

Yes, we are! She did think it could be up to 3 weeks though, I'm not sure where she read/heard that but there has been lots of holidays since their recall as well which has probably slowed things down. Good luck to your dc 😁🍀
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

mrs_lovett wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:21 pm Yes, we are! She did think it could be up to 3 weeks though, I'm not sure where she read/heard that but there has been lots of holidays since their recall as well which has probably slowed things down. Good luck to your dc 😁🍀

Good luck to yours too!
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

2good2hurry wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:44 pm Anyone still hanging on for Conti recall results? X
Daughter’s friend had recall in the Easter hols, she thinks it was Monday 11th, and he heard back today that he hadn’t been offered a place, so they must be starting to go through them now x
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:20 pm
2good2hurry wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:44 pm Anyone still hanging on for Conti recall results? X
Daughter’s friend had recall in the Easter hols, she thinks it was Monday 11th, and he heard back today that he hadn’t been offered a place, so they must be starting to go through them now x
Thanks for this. DD’s was on the Thursday so May be a little later. :)
mrs_lovett
GRAMMY Award

Post by mrs_lovett »

My daughter has just heard- she'd only applied for foundation and got her place which we are thrilled with as it's the only fully funded foundation that we found and she absolutely loved her audition, she thought everyone was so friendly! 😁 good luck for everyone else waiting and start checking emails!!
Dillydaffy
BRIT Award

Post by Dillydaffy »

Redwire wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:28 am
Thanks Harry2003
😬

[/quote]

Similar situation here - tonight it’s my son’s final night in his final show at the theatre company he’s been with for more than half his life before he heads off to LIPA. It absolutely feels like the end of an era and we’re all going to be in bits! 😭
[/quote]

Well done to your Ds Redwire, ☺️
Dillydaffy
BRIT Award

Post by Dillydaffy »

Elle’smom wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:10 pm

☺️
Glad she’s made a decision and accommodation 3 of the 8 on DD’s course are going to Bird.
Thank you- it is a relief, knowing we’re ‘sorted’- really don’t think I would’ve coped with waiting for late decidions!!!