WEMT & Stagebox

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

K8t
BRIT Award

WEMT & Stagebox

Post by K8t »

Hi

I’ve not really posted before, but have been a long time lurker!

Dd (15) has auditioned for Westend Musical Theatre - WEMT and been offered a place for January, she is so excited, but it is her GCSE year and so I may ask if we can defer, as we are in the northwest so it’s a big commitment going down to London each week. Has anyone experience of them?

She’s also just submitted a virtual audition for Stagebox - she may not get in of course, but if she did, which would you think is most useful?

We need to let WEMT know, but I feel like holding off until we hear from a Stagebox!

Thanks
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Re: WEMT & Stagebox

Post by ACookie »

I think if it were my daughter I'd be opting for WEMT more because of her age than anything else. Stagebox is very focused on its younger end from what I know, as it has its own agency and obviously likes to have children cast in West End shows. I know several girls who have been or are part of Stagebox and on the whole have said how great it is. However the 15 Yr old we know feels this may be her last year with them and I do think the numbers of older students do start to drop off.
That being said, if she were to be offered a place more locally there would be nothing wrong with signing up with Stagebox to access more local training and seeing how she finds it - especially if WEMT will defer her place for a year or until Sept 2021.
Jaynnec
Nominee

Post by Jaynnec »

Have a look at West End Kids too... no agency but fabulous training.
K8t
BRIT Award

Post by K8t »

Thank you. Very helpful.

I have asked them to defer, so will wait and see, it’s a bit of a nightmare as there’s now talk of GCSEs being later, end of a June/July, so June wouldn’t be better, but we won’t know now until Sept! Bloody Covid.

Can’t defer until next year, as she’s hoping to go to LIPA 6th form if she gets in and they do quite a lot on weekends. WEMT was not on our radar to be honest, she did it through TikTok and ended up with a call back and Zoom audition and interview, now an offer - we hadn’t actually thought she would pass the first submission!