Auditioning for 2021 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2021 entry

Post by Dancecrazy »

anastasia79 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:50 am Italia Conti degree recalls?

Has anyone heard anything since these happened a few weeks ago? One of DD’s friends had good news yesterday, she’s been offered the dance diploma along with a scholarship. However we’ve not heard anything re the degree recalls.
My dd’s friend had a degree recall around 3 weeks ago but hasn’t heard anything yet .
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

I know of someone who got offered Italia Conti MT degree this week, so guessing it won't be long before others hear.

Daughter was contacted by a place she is on reserve for foundation for, a few days ago, initially they said they'd let them know by end of April, now say it will be June. The other place she's also on reserve for foundation for have already told her it will be June/July before she hears.

As she's got another offer of confirmed place for foundation, she's taking that rather than wait. I am wondering if there's going to be a lot of last minute shuffle about this year, more so than in previous times.
Coatsey
Nominee

Post by Coatsey »

My DD and someone else she knows received an email from Wilkes yesterday apologising for the longer wait and said they are going through reserve list and she’d been shortlisted but need her to fill out a form which asked her to confirm if she had accepted another offer and if she still wanted a place. Presume they sent this to everyone on the list to find out who still wants a place ( degree)
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

lawn wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:41 pm I know of someone who got offered Italia Conti MT degree this week, so guessing it won't be long before others hear.

Daughter was contacted by a place she is on reserve for foundation for, a few days ago, initially they said they'd let them know by end of April, now say it will be June. The other place she's also on reserve for foundation for have already told her it will be June/July before she hears.

As she's got another offer of confirmed place for foundation, she's taking that rather than wait. I am wondering if there's going to be a lot of last minute shuffle about this year, more so than in previous times.
Thank you! Yes I think so too. All these schools have had an overwhelming number of applications this year as they’ve all been online. For some results it feels like we are waiting forever.
StartingLate
BRIT Award

Post by StartingLate »

Elysée69 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:43 am Hello.... congratulations on your offer! Do you mind me asking when her recall was? Waiting decision ourselves.
Recall was Fri 23-Apr, so pretty quick response.
Elysée69
BRIT Award

Post by Elysée69 »

Wow that's very quick and day after my DD so guessing it's a no for her! Final recall tomorrow with one place offered so hoping for choices!
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks that my DD will be waiting on her Urdang recall result. Her recall was on April 9th. This one has been the longest wait ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) . Truly slow torture! I’m really hoping we’ll hear tomorrow so we can finally make some decisions and sort accommodation.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Another week goes by for the Laine Dada wait and see letter.....or has anyone heard?
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

anastasia79 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:59 pm Tomorrow will be 4 weeks that my DD will be waiting on her Urdang recall result. Her recall was on April 9th. This one has been the longest wait ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) . Truly slow torture! I’m really hoping we’ll hear tomorrow so we can finally make some decisions and sort accommodation.
Hoping you hear soon.....the wait is just torture isn't it!
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Coatsey wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:57 pm My DD and someone else she knows received an email from Wilkes yesterday apologising for the longer wait and said they are going through reserve list and she’d been shortlisted but need her to fill out a form which asked her to confirm if she had accepted another offer and if she still wanted a place. Presume they sent this to everyone on the list to find out who still wants a place ( degree)
Yes we heard this too as someone we know is waiting. Same conversation.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

dancelifemum wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:13 pm Another week goes by for the Laine Dada wait and see letter.....or has anyone heard?
We haven’t heard anything either. Hopefully we’ll hear something soon, the waiting is terrible.
canadianJo
BRIT Award

Post by canadianJo »

Hi All, really appreciating all the knowledge on this forum! In Canada we don't have many options for musical theatre training, so my daughter has been auditioning for UK schools. As the wait is excruciating , thought I'd ask about the one offer she has so far.
Trinity Laban foundation year- thoughts? anyone know how many students they accept? They have been very frustrating to get in touch with, so not super impressed so far (although I do appreciate that between the numbers and covid it's been a very tough year). Even though she submitted her videos on time she wasn't invited to the audition day- she tried calling and emailing when she'd not heard any info about it, no response. Then received a rejection email (for the BA program). She reached out and asked if she'd missed something as it seemed hard to believe the entire MT audition was 2 songs... They told her she hadn't missed anything and then suddenly got an offer for the foundation program.... Seems a bit weird- is it just me? Anyway, as you can imagine we're hesitant to send her across the ocean and pay all that money if that experience is a fair representation of the school. Thoughts?
Elysée69
BRIT Award

Post by Elysée69 »

Just got email from Conti offering DD place on MT diploma. Absolutely stunned.

Does anyone know a chat group for 2021 starters? Was not expecting this and in complete shock🙀
Elysée69
BRIT Award

Post by Elysée69 »

Just got email from Conti offering DD place on MT diploma. Absolutely stunned.

Does anyone know a chat group for 2021 starters? Was not expecting this and in complete shock🙀
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

canadianJo wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:19 pm Hi All, really appreciating all the knowledge on this forum! In Canada we don't have many options for musical theatre training, so my daughter has been auditioning for UK schools. As the wait is excruciating , thought I'd ask about the one offer she has so far.
Trinity Laban foundation year- thoughts? anyone know how many students they accept? They have been very frustrating to get in touch with, so not super impressed so far (although I do appreciate that between the numbers and covid it's been a very tough year). Even though she submitted her videos on time she wasn't invited to the audition day- she tried calling and emailing when she'd not heard any info about it, no response. Then received a rejection email (for the BA program). She reached out and asked if she'd missed something as it seemed hard to believe the entire MT audition was 2 songs... They told her she hadn't missed anything and then suddenly got an offer for the foundation program.... Seems a bit weird- is it just me? Anyway, as you can imagine we're hesitant to send her across the ocean and pay all that money if that experience is a fair representation of the school. Thoughts?
Well done to your DD on the offer from Trinity Laban. We went there for my DD to do a taster day for their BA MT a couple of years ago. Trinity are a good school, with a good reputation. On the taster day we spoke to current MT students who all seemed to be very enthusiastic about the place. The main building is a big contemporary building on the Thames. This is where we went for the day, but found out that this isn't where the MT department is based. It may have changed since then but we were told that the MT department is in an older building way away from the main campus. My DD decided it wasn't the place for her because she thought the teacher taking the singing class seemed bored, like he wasn't interested in taking the lesson! He really didn't sell it to her... which was kind of the idea of the day, lol! But this was just her one off experience, and like I said, all the students we spoke to seemed to love the school!

On another note have you heard from Arts Ed yet? My DD is still waiting.....