Auditioning for 2021 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Littleone
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2021 entry

Post by Littleone »

anastasia79 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:15 pm
Moonfaery8 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:20 pm Wishing all the new Urdang students good luck for starting next week 🙂
My dd happily settled into her new flat and looking forward to freshers week! Looks like it will be lots of fun.
Same to your DD, it’s very exciting! My daughter met up with a few students last night in London for drinks before tomorrow’s first freshers event. It looks really exciting!
I Hope both your DDs enjoy Freshers and have an amazing term :D !!
I have left my daughter in London today ready to start 3rd year - time really has flown !
Moonfaery8
BRIT Award

Post by Moonfaery8 »

Moonfaery8 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:20 pm Wishing all the new Urdang students good luck for starting next week 🙂
My dd happily settled into her new flat and looking forward to freshers week! Looks like it will be lots of fun.
Same to your DD, it’s very exciting! My daughter met up with a few students last night in London for drinks before tomorrow’s first freshers event. It looks really exciting!
My daughter was out too on Saturday so likely it was the same group and they probably met!
Moonfaery8
BRIT Award

Post by Moonfaery8 »

Littleone wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:51 pm
I Hope both your DDs enjoy Freshers and have an amazing term :D !!
I have left my daughter in London today ready to start 3rd year - time really has flown !
Thank you littleone and all the best for your daughter in her 3rd year.
Grace03
BRIT Award

Post by Grace03 »

Hope they are settling well and the moving in went well.
We have 5 more days left. I’m not looking forward to it! It seems so early when most of her friends going to ‘normal’ uni still have a month left at home
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Grace03 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:55 am Hope they are settling well and the moving in went well.
We have 5 more days left. I’m not looking forward to it! It seems so early when most of her friends going to ‘normal’ uni still have a month left at home
My daughter is nervously excited for this freshers week and starting fully next Monday. On the positive side, we hope that all their contact hours mean value for money. Good luck to your daughter on this new chapter.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Moonfaery8 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:20 am
My daughter was out too on Saturday so likely it was the same group and they probably met!
Yes, very likely 🙂!
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Good Luck

Post by Munchpot »

As we reach the end of the journey as our DD has her graduation ceremony next Saturday - wanted to wish everyone starting in the coming weeks the absolute best

Wherever they go - whatever they do they've achieved so much just by being accepted at these phenomenal colleges. As parents it's tough to let them go but they will flourish as they embark on their next adventure. So pop the cork and pour a large glass and toast the new starters for 2021
Amf
BRIT Award

Re: Good Luck

Post by Amf »

Munchpot wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:43 pm As we reach the end of the journey as our DD has her graduation ceremony next Saturday - wanted to wish everyone starting in the coming weeks the absolute best

Wherever they go - whatever they do they've achieved so much just by being accepted at these phenomenal colleges. As parents it's tough to let them go but they will flourish as they embark on their next adventure. So pop the cork and pour a large glass and toast the new starters for 2021
Whoop whoop, second that! 😍👏
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Re: Good Luck

Post by anastasia79 »

Munchpot wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:43 pm As we reach the end of the journey as our DD has her graduation ceremony next Saturday - wanted to wish everyone starting in the coming weeks the absolute best

=D> =D> =D>
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

Yes, the best of luck to everybody. DS moves into his flat at Bird on Thursday and starts next Monday. I'm so excited for him - doing what he loves for the next 3 years. Not sure how I'll feel when he goes but that will be for me, not for him. My other DS is starting his career as a maths teacher - on the same dates as well, but he's not gone anywhere - uni at home and teacher training at a local school. I've suggested to Bird DS that when he finishes a couple of years or so on cruise ships would be good (no ulterior motive of course!!). It will be fascinating to see what happens to them all in the years to come. Good luck to all our DCs for the next stage of their lives!!
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

My daughter would have been moving this weekend in anticipation of starting her degree course one day next week but 4 weeks ago she got an email offering her a foundation somewhere else and has decided to take that instead. It has a later start date, so she's also home for the next couple of weeks.
Grace03
BRIT Award

Post by Grace03 »

Just wanted to wish everyone a very happy next 3 years of training wherever they have gone study.
Hope all of your children are settling in well - and you are all coping ok without them :(
It’s not been an easy year to audition but I hope they get a better first year experience than last years first years did! I can’t quite believe we have got to this stage already.

And good luck to anyone who is just starting this process for next September x
EsmeraldaFudge
Nominee

Post by EsmeraldaFudge »

Just spoke with my DS. He is at Avery Hills campus on Bird Degree.
Settled in well - just had a water fight with some of the other campus students :roll:
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

EsmeraldaFudge wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:50 pm Just spoke with my DS. He is at Avery Hills campus on Bird Degree.
Settled in well - just had a water fight with some of the other campus students :roll:
Good luck to your DS starting today - an emotional weekend for us as DD had graduation ceremony at Bird on Saturday and Grad ball last night
From what we heard water fights at Avery are quite standard!
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

Just wanted to pop on here and wish everyones DC's all the best for the next 3 years! It is an exciting time for them all. Let's hope the next year goes as smoothly as possible with minimal disruption for them! DD doesn't start for another couple of weeks as she is on a university campus so start dates a little later..she is just wanting to get there now. I look forward to hearing how everyones doing :)