Auditioning for 2021 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Amf
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2021 entry

Post by Amf »

icantdance wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:29 pm How did all your DCs get on with their A level results? My DS was fine - no surprises and definitely into Bird. I hope you've all had good days and that all your DC's places have been confirmed :D
Great news congratulations to your DC! Mine too did extremely well & def into Conti
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

All fab results here too - definitely off to performers but we did have a call from Bird also offering a place just now!! So there is definitely some movement.

Hope everyone got what they needed....we were on UCAS at 8.30am sharp then off to collect results.
EsmeraldaFudge
Nominee

Post by EsmeraldaFudge »

DS got DDM in his BTEC Extended Level 3 so is confirmed for his Bird degree place!
Grace03
BRIT Award

Post by Grace03 »

Happy daughter here with her place at bird confirmed.

Well done everyone!
DogWalker
Nominee

Post by DogWalker »

dancelifemum wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:10 pm All fab results here too - definitely off to performers but we did have a call from Bird also offering a place just now!! So there is definitely some movement.

Hope everyone got what they needed....we were on UCAS at 8.30am sharp then off to collect results.
Where were you on the Bird reserve list out of interest please?
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

DogWalker wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:23 pm
dancelifemum wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:10 pm All fab results here too - definitely off to performers but we did have a call from Bird also offering a place just now!! So there is definitely some movement.

yes we were - when we rang a few weeks back she was told she was in the top third so we weren't sure if we would hear or not....but won't be accepting.
DogWalker
Nominee

Post by DogWalker »

dancelifemum wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:21 pm
DogWalker wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:23 pm

yes we were - when we rang a few weeks back she was told she was in the top third so we weren't sure if we would hear or not....but won't be accepting.
Thanks - think we are more in middle of list so was interested to see how much movement there has been! Thanks 😊
Duncemum
BRIT Award

Post by Duncemum »

I'm so happy to be at the end of this process! Second year of it for us, as DD chose pre-voc at Performers rather than a degree offer elsewhere last year. THE STRESS!! To be fair, to give hope to those in a similar position this year, it has been less stressful this time around as DD knew what she was doing and had excellent guidance from Performers. She heard from Bird yesterday and they offered her a degree place off of the waiting list. She has decided to stick with the Performers offer, but it was very nice to have an outcome after all this waiting. So the list is moving at last. Good luck to all and any of you still waiting on news.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

icantdance wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:29 pm How did all your DCs get on with their A level results? My DS was fine - no surprises and definitely into Bird. I hope you've all had good days and that all your DC's places have been confirmed :D
Fab!!! DD did well and is all sorted and off to Urdang on the degree programme. A few weeks ago she was given the option to switch from a funded diploma place to the degree. All uniform has now been bought except the T-shirt which were unavailable before today. Roll on 31st August when she starts. What journey they’ve all had.
evie03
Nominee

Post by evie03 »

Thank you sm to everyone who replied with advice! Yes I am living away from home and paying my own rent, food, bills etc but i do have a child trust fund with a couple of thousand which will defo help a lot. So glad to see other ppl confirming places and everything now too :))
Moonfaery8
BRIT Award

Post by Moonfaery8 »

DD got her move in date confirmed today for her flat ready to start Urdang on the 31st 😀
Once she’s settled I will be moving onto looking at my other DD’s applications. I can’t remember when the applications opened last year? I wonder if the auditions will be in person or online again.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Moonfaery8 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:29 pm DD got her move in date confirmed today for her flat ready to start Urdang on the 31st 😀
Once she’s settled I will be moving onto looking at my other DD’s applications. I can’t remember when the applications opened last year? I wonder if the auditions will be in person or online again.
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ exciting times ahead! I can’t believe you have to do things all again with your other DD. I think most of the schools will open their applications in September. I think many schools will be doing online auditions for the first stage, hopefully recalls will then be in person. All the best of luck to your DD starting at Urdang in a few weeks and your younger DD with all her upcoming applications and auditions.
Moonfaery8
BRIT Award

Post by Moonfaery8 »

anastasia79 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:49 pm
Moonfaery8 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:29 pm DD got her move in date confirmed today for her flat ready to start Urdang on the 31st 😀
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ exciting times ahead! I can’t believe you have to do things all again with your other DD. I think most of the schools will open their applications in September. I think many schools will be doing online auditions for the first stage, hopefully recalls will then be in person. All the best of luck to your DD starting at Urdang in a few weeks and your younger DD with all her upcoming applications and auditions.
Thanks Anastasia79!
Hope all goes well for your DD at Urdang too! No doubt they will cross paths. We’re just sorting out the skirt from the uniform list. Bought the wrong one by mistake 😩 it was too short. She’s going to go in and get the T shirts next week when she gets to London.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Moonfaery8 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:08 pm
anastasia79 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:49 pm
Thanks Anastasia79!
Hope all goes well for your DD at Urdang too! No doubt they will cross paths. We’re just sorting out the skirt from the uniform list. Bought the wrong one by mistake 😩 it was too short. She’s going to go in and get the T shirts next week when she gets to London.
I’m sure they will. On the list it didn’t mention a specific brand or style for the skirt, just a long practice black skirt. Which one did you get? I hope the one I got will be okay?
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

Duncemum wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:14 am I'm so happy to be at the end of this process! Second year of it for us, as DD chose pre-voc at Performers rather than a degree offer elsewhere last year. THE STRESS!! To be fair, to give hope to those in a similar position this year, it has been less stressful this time around as DD knew what she was doing and had excellent guidance from Performers. She heard from Bird yesterday and they offered her a degree place off of the waiting list. She has decided to stick with the Performers offer, but it was very nice to have an outcome after all this waiting. So the list is moving at last. Good luck to all and any of you still waiting on news.
Well done to her and glad to hear her story. Mine has just done exactly the same, turning down a degree offer elsewhere in favour of a more well known school for foundation, which was only offered a week ago.
I used to read stories like this on here and think the kids were nuts to turn down an offer and have to audition again!
Can't believe I'll be joining a new thread!