Matilda the film

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Coasttocity
BRIT Award

Re: Matilda the film

Post by Coasttocity »

Has anyone heard anything more about this? My DD auditioned just before lockdown. The drama group she attends today emailed out the casting call from Lucy Bevan Casting saying they were on the look out for small kids (no taller than 4.5) for all roles including Matilda but not to re-apply if you've already auditioned. Did anyone ever hear back from first rounds?!
Pandora II
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pandora II »

I think they have pretty much started again for role of Matilda, although have heard of some people recalling this week who had dates that were then cancelled due to lockdown.

For ensemble, they are starting in October.
Pineapplepoll
Nominee

Post by Pineapplepoll »

My DD got a call back just before lockdown which was then csncelled, we were told we'd definitely get a rescheduled audition. We've not heard yet.
Iggyandbubble
BRIT Award

Post by Iggyandbubble »

Pineapplepoll wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:57 pm My DD got a call back just before lockdown which was then csncelled, we were told we'd definitely get a rescheduled audition. We've not heard yet.
Was this Matilda or classmate? We know a few who went for classmate roles who were also due to go in for a recall before lockdown but it was cancelled and they haven’t heard back yet but maybe that’s because it’s starting in October for classmate auditions?
Pineapplepoll
Nominee

Post by Pineapplepoll »

Hi,thank you for reply,
my DD was recalled for Lavender and Amanda so I'm presuming it'll be October?
essbarry
Nominee

Post by essbarry »

Please can someone tell me what the audition was like? What did they have to do? Thanks in advance. X
Pineapplepoll
Nominee

Post by Pineapplepoll »

Hi, my DD just had to prepare monologue and a song (not from Matilda) for her audition then we were asked to video them and resend.
essbarry
Nominee

Post by essbarry »

Thank you. x
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

My daughter auditioned earlier this year for the classmate roles and was asked to stay for the afternoon but then we didn't hear back again, but she's just been asked to selftape again this week. I'm not holding my breath especially since she's grown alot over lockdown :( but wow what an amazing opportunity it would be! Dream job! X
essbarry
Nominee

Post by essbarry »

Yes SPF - it's such an op for the kids - my daughter sent a tape this week too. Lucky time to be 9-10 year old actor :D
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

It really is! Let me know if you hear anything back! A few of my daughters friends have had replies back from their tapes saying that it won't be going any further. I've not heard anything yet but I'm not sure if that's good or bad news yet! :') x
essbarry
Nominee

Post by essbarry »

Still waiting. x
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

I've got one with a recall
essbarry
Nominee

Post by essbarry »

Yeah, thinking we are out. x
Pineapplepoll
Nominee

Post by Pineapplepoll »

We're still waiting to hear they did ring agent last week checking DDs height so 🤞