Matilda the film

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

TheatreTaxi
BRIT Award

Re: Matilda the film

Post by TheatreTaxi »

Has anybody heard anything back from classmate auditions yet? Does anyone know how many sessions they held?
Jude
Nominee

Post by Jude »

Hi, we had an audition on March 11th so they were still doing first round auditions at that point? We were called back on the day and haven’t heard anything since. Does this mean this is likely a no go now? We are quite new to this. I realise also with the terrible situation currently it could also be put on hold? I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything yet on the Matilda role recalls and what sort of wait time it was if they did? I know it’s a long shot. thank you!
Iggyandbubble
BRIT Award

Post by Iggyandbubble »

I don’t know about classmate auditions but there were supposed to be recalls for the part of Matilda earlier this week but all auditions have now been put on hold due to the coronavirus.
Jude
Nominee

Post by Jude »

ah Ok! Did you auditon for the Matilda role? When was your audition and how long did it take for you to hear back about the recall?
Presuming then if we haven’t heard back from the March 11 audition it’s a no..(aside from the Coronavirus delay). Sorry for all the questions :-) thank you x
TheatreTaxi
BRIT Award

Post by TheatreTaxi »

We were told it would be a while for recall notifications for classmates - some were seen 15/16 Feb and haven’t heard anything. Guess it’s all delayed now. These are difficult times - stay safe everyone
Iggyandbubble
BRIT Award

Post by Iggyandbubble »

I saw they were tweeting for the Bruce role today. Think they will be asking for self tapes.
Shellabc0
Nominee

Post by Shellabc0 »

Hi does anyone know what the height restriction is please. TIA X
Elsie17
Nominee

Post by Elsie17 »

I think its 4'11, has anyone heard back from self tapes? X
TIA xx
Iggyandbubble
BRIT Award

Post by Iggyandbubble »

Shellabc0 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:31 pm Hi does anyone know what the height restriction is please. TIA X
It depends on the parts I think but generally it is under 4ft 7 for Dancers and under 4 ft 5 for Matilda’s friends (Lavender etc), under 4ft 6 for Bruce and 4ft 3 or under for Matilda. They are still asking for submissions for dancers and Bruce
Shellabc0
Nominee

Post by Shellabc0 »

Ah I see. Didn’t realise it was so small. Had a reply asking my daughters height, so assume she’s too tall then. Thanks x
TheatreTaxi
BRIT Award

Post by TheatreTaxi »

Original call was under 4’10’’ for classmates, 4’11’’ for dancers, 4’3’’ for Matilda and 4’7’’ for Bruce

I suspect given filming delays they will go smaller now.

Anyone heard anything recently?
Iggyandbubble
BRIT Award

Post by Iggyandbubble »

Does anyone know if they have starting casting for this again? I know Instagram said it would be back up and running in August. Just wondered if anyone had heard about auditons?
Zozomoocha
Nominee

Post by Zozomoocha »

I'm wondering too - my daughter was shortlisted for the role of Amanda back in March and when I emailed the casting team for an update we received an auto response saying that auditions would resume in August but have still heard nothing. Maybe I'll send another email?
TheatreTaxi
BRIT Award

Post by TheatreTaxi »

That’s so exciting! Amanda is a great part! Do let us know if you hear back. Xx
Zozomoocha
Nominee

Post by Zozomoocha »

Thank you very much - I will x