Letter to the School for Auditions and Jobs

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

toesxed
BRIT Award

Letter to the School for Auditions and Jobs

Post by toesxed »

Hi there,
For a new school, I wondered if anyone minded sharing a persuasive letter they have sent to the school regarding why your son / daughter may need time away from school to attend an audition or do filming, etc.
Ideally, a meeting may be best but I am keen to have a convincing case :)
Many thanks x
FredaBloggs
GRAMMY Award

Re: Letter to the School for Auditions and Jobs

Post by FredaBloggs »

Is it for a specific job, or more of a general "We may ask for time off at some point" letter?

For a specific job, I tend to give details of the the time commitment involved, including time spent away from school, and run through how we plan to minimise the impact on school work, to show I've thought about that aspect of it (it helps to be aware of any trips, events etc that they might miss).

For a more general letter, I would be inclined to emphasise the benefits of working professionally (focus, concentration, maturity, etc) and explain what you and the previous school have done in the past to help maintain academics while working, so that the new school knows what to expect (e.g. liaising with staff, emailing work missed, buddy systems with other students, etc). You could mention the regulations about minimum hours of schooling per week while working under licence, and the possibility of measures like on-set tutoring for more extended jobs
toesxed
BRIT Award

Re: Letter to the School for Auditions and Jobs

Post by toesxed »

Thank you Freda, it’s for a general letter. Your comments have been really helpful x