Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Sparkle13
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Sparkle13 »

Lmum wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:46 pm My DD has an unconditional offer for Bird MT degree and we are looking for advice on accomodation . She is currently in halls elsewhere so would prefer a private flat/house share if possible and preferably walking distance to college . Does anyone have any advice on where is good - we are in Yorkshire so popping down to look at different rooms isn’t really an option . I know Bird send out a list but have been told by others that this is quite late and worried we will be away when it arrives. Anyone with DD/DS at Bird have any advice ?
Hi, my dd too has a MT Offer for Bird but she is waiting outcome of dada funding auditions for Laine in April before making her final choice, we asked Bird when the accommodation pack came out, they said July, which seems late but suppose they have a lot of movement before then with waiting lists etc, I know the have some recommended properties on their list.
BonfireBelle
Nominee

Post by BonfireBelle »

Sparkle13 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:17 pm
Lmum wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:46 pm My DD has an unconditional offer for Bird MT degree and we are looking for advice on accomodation . She is currently in halls elsewhere so would prefer a private flat/house share if possible and preferably walking distance to college . Does anyone have any advice on where is good - we are in Yorkshire so popping down to look at different rooms isn’t really an option . I know Bird send out a list but have been told by others that this is quite late and worried we will be away when it arrives. Anyone with DD/DS at Bird have any advice ?
Hi, my dd too has a MT Offer for Bird but she is waiting outcome of dada funding auditions for Laine in April before making her final choice, we asked Bird when the accommodation pack came out, they said July, which seems late but suppose they have a lot of movement before then with waiting lists etc, I know the have some recommended properties on their list.
My eldest DD graduated from Bird last Summer, just to reassure you all that she didn't have any problem finding accommodation in the 3 years she was there. Its natural for us to worry about it but Sidcup has plenty of student accommodation available and they all seem to find something suitable. My DD lived in halls the first year which was easy to arrange once the accommodation list came out and a great way to make friends. She then rented privately with friends for years 2 & 3 and they sorted it all out themselves, I just had to sign as her guarantor.
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

BonfireBelle wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:05 pm
Sparkle13 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:17 pm
My eldest DD graduated from Bird last Summer, just to reassure you all that she didn't have any problem finding accommodation in the 3 years she was there. Its natural for us to worry about it but Sidcup has plenty of student accommodation available and they all seem to find something suitable. My DD lived in halls the first year which was easy to arrange once the accommodation list came out and a great way to make friends. She then rented privately with friends for years 2 & 3 and they sorted it all out themselves, I just had to sign as her guarantor.

We are also from Yorkshire and my daughter is in 2nd year and has had no problems getting accommodation. There does seem a bit of a rush at first but there's enough accommodation, even though its not just 1st years looking as people want to move. It is July time the list goes out and this is by email. They also set up a fb page too.
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

Did anyone’s DD/DS go to the Bird Audition
On the 13th feb ? Just wondered if you had heard back yet ?
The waiting is killing 🙈😫
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Results have been taking just over a week to come back I think. However last week was reading week (half term) so it might be delayed due to that.
daisy1
GRAMMY Award

Post by daisy1 »

DD had her Mountview foundation audition last week (after being recalled for it after the BA audition a few weeks ago) and made it through to the interview at the end of the day. Apparently that was the last stage. Does anyone with more knowhow than me know when Mountview foundation results come out? Or do they wait until they’ve seen all the BA recalls? All this waiting is dreadful 😫😫 luckily, she’s far more chilled out than me!
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Crazytime wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:44 pm Did anyone’s DD/DS go to the Bird Audition
Last year they said 2 weeks and it was bang on 2 weeks later dd received her letter so we are presuming it is the same this year. Dd had her audition on 17th Feb so also playing the waiting game, however in true Bird style I would not expect any more than a reserve list place anyway. Don’t know why Bird take so long to send their decisions out when most other colleges are within 2-3 days. Good luck though, 🤞🏼 crossed they get good news x
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:52 pm
Crazytime wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:44 pm Did anyone’s DD/DS go to the Bird Audition
Last year they said 2 weeks and it was bang on 2 weeks later dd received her letter so we are presuming it is the same this year. Dd had her audition on 17th Feb so also playing the waiting game, however in true Bird style I would not expect any more than a reserve list place anyway. Don’t know why Bird take so long to send their decisions out when most other colleges are within 2-3 days. Good luck though, 🤞🏼 crossed they get good news x

Thank you !!! Good luck to yours too 🤞🤞
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

My dd did the thurs 6th feb one and heard by following friday which we weren't expecting as had heard 3 weeks. I bet the half term will make it longer. Fingers crossed anyone know how long Laine take to let you know or GSA?
dancingdreams
Nominee

Post by dancingdreams »

My dd did the thurs 6th feb one and heard by following friday which we weren't expecting as had heard 3 weeks. I bet the half term will make it longer. Fingers crossed anyone know how long Laine take to let you know or GSA?
[/quote]

We are also waiting on Laine as dd auditioned on thursday, was told they make their decision by the following day but there can be a delay as Miss Laine signs every letter so dependent on how long that takes! When dd did GSA she heard within about 4 days and those with recalls heard the next day but it was just before christmas so that may have had an impact.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

We are also waiting on Laine as dd auditioned on thursday, was told they make their decision by the following day but there can be a delay as Miss Laine signs every letter so dependent on how long that takes! When dd did GSA she heard within about 4 days and those with recalls heard the next day but it was just before christmas so that may have had an impact.
[/quote]

Ah. Dd was there on friday. Gsa is today but regional audition in manchester. Good luck!
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

For GSA is it an email or an update on Ucas?
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Laine was three weeks for us as it was early in the Christmas break, it was a yes with funding audition in April. GSA was next day for recall and offer of BA place four days afterwards.

I know two who auditioned last Wednesday,they heard Saturday,one a place with funding audition, other foundation offer. ( Laine)

Auditions really seem to be picking up pace now.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:42 pm For GSA is it an email or an update on Ucas?
It is via UCAS email saying there has been an update on your application via Surrey Self Serve
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

lotsolaffs wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:16 pm
Dancemum1973 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:42 pm For GSA is it an email or an update on Ucas?
It is via UCAS email saying there has been an update on your application via Surrey Self Serve
Thankyou. They did say with it being in Manchester they had to get back to GSA before they can action anything