Agency advice please!

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Renae
Nominee

Agency advice please!

Post by Renae »

My 9 yo daughter is currently with a very small agency that’s attached to her performing arts class. She doesn’t do any other dance classes, as she’s not a great fan,but does additional singing lessons. She’s not into musical theatre but absolutely loves acting. Through the agency she’s been in two ads for which she’s gotten credits for. But since then she’s had very little auditions, so we are looking for a larger agency that might get her a few more opportunities. Any suggestions as to which agencies would be best suited to her? We are lucky enough to live within an hour travelling to London. Thanks!
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Re: Agency advice please!

Post by ACookie »

https://filmsonashoestring.com/child-actors/ This is a good place to start. Plenty of choice of good reputable agencies named in this article. You will most probably need to apply to several, and not all will currently have their books open, but will be able to tell you when they are next accepting applications.
Renae
Nominee

Post by Renae »

Thanks! I will definitely have a look 😁
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Has the agency been submitting her for jobs? May be worth finding that out. If they haven't, then it's certainly better to change. I took my daughter off a very well known larger agency to go with a much smaller one. We found that she was submitted for far more jobs with the smaller agency who didn't have loads of similar looking children on their books.