heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

LoveMusicals
Nominee

Post by LoveMusicals »

Last edited by LoveMusicals on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Re: Why.. Can anyone help please

Post by DanceDiva »

LoveMusicals wrote:Just a question to you all? Why dont you recieve full info on this web! I feel it's quite quiet recently. I thought it was a place to help other but get the felling it really isn't a helpful place. Correct me if I'm wrong, just putting it out there

YOU'RE WRONG !!!!
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Quite often for tv and theatre work, we have to sign disclosures, so maybe that's why things are quieter on here, we are actually not allowed to talk about it. There's new legislation coming in all of the time. Also, I think everyone knows that some well known casting directors are on this site too!! :D
There used to be far more West End shows for children back when DS started his career too, but not many around now.
I have found this site so helpful over the years and recommend it to many people starting out in the industry with their children
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

How about actually asking a question in the first place? If people know what info you are after, they will do their best to help!
Yorkshirepudding
GRAMMY Award

Post by Yorkshirepudding »

There is lots of info on here about where to look for opportunities and how to find a good agent.

I think people often put up open call information, but you can't put up information about castings that have come through agents, it isn't professional or appropriate, and it wouldn't be helpful to someone without an agent who couldn't submit anyway.

I'm not sure what information you feel like you are not getting, but if you ask I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who will try to answer if they can.
Adrianna1312
BRIT Award

Post by Adrianna1312 »

I've found this site and those on it to be really helpful, reassuring and informative whenever I've asked a question. Perhaps ask and see if anyone can help x
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

I think one of the busiest boards is the training board. There are very long threads chronicling the ups and downs of auditioning for professional training and the knowledge that has been shared on there is invaluable.
Aku
BRIT Award

Post by Aku »

I have found the forum really good and it’s been only a few weeks that I have joined. Whenever I have asked a question, I have received a response. The search option is fabulous too - I use it so much.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Interesting that your first ever post is a negative one =;
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

I find this site very helpful. It is not a place to put up castings/auditions if that is what LoveMusicals is after - but will point in the right direction as to where to look for them. :lol:
bethjaneg
BRIT Award

Post by bethjaneg »

This is a great forum! Loads of useful information and every time I have asked a question it has always been answered and really helpful. I often go back over old threads as well when I have a question. Great bunch of parents and carers on here. Always happy to share knowledge and experiences.
FredaBloggs
GRAMMY Award

Post by FredaBloggs »

I have always found this forum a fantastic source of information and forum members generous with their time and knowledge.

People don't post information about casting successes because offers often come with conditions of confidentiality attached, and no-one wants to risk losing their child a role by being indiscreet online.

As has been said above, posting information about closed-submission auditions isn't terribly helpful to anyone without an agent to submit them, and anyone with a decent agent should already have been submitted for roles they are a good fit for. I find the audition threads most useful for knowing when recalls/offers are going out for roles DS has auditioned for (so I can assume it's a no and stop wondering about the outcome!).

It has been rather quiet lately in terms of audition threads, but perhaps existing threads cover such a breadth of information already that people find answers to their questions without having to post a new query?
LoveMusicals
Nominee

Re: .

Post by LoveMusicals »

I've deleted the post. I'm sorry when i re read it. Does read wrong i find it hard to find my way through threads thats all. I joined ages ago then forgot id joined it. I do see that people seem really helpful. :D
Yorkshirepudding
GRAMMY Award

Re: .

Post by Yorkshirepudding »

No worries! Once you get your way round the threads and the search facility here there is loads of information.

And really do ask if you have questions you can't find the answers to. We've all been lost and floundering at various points (I still am...)

:lol: