Those nervous feelings

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Knic
BRIT Award

Those nervous feelings

Post by Knic »

Hi everyone, so we are relative newbies to this. Dd has been with her agency just over a month. So far she has done 2 self tapes and 1 casting (not sure if that’s busy or not) she confirmed from 1 of the self tapes. My question is does anyone else feel nervous or on edge most days. Dd is great, I told her that after castings we are just best to put it out our mind... if only I could do that too lol. I feel a nervous energy most days, checking emails etc, it is also very exciting. Could this just be newbie feelings?
Yorkshirepudding
GRAMMY Award

Re: Those nervous feelings

Post by Yorkshirepudding »

Congratulations! Thst sounds like a great start. =D>
In our experience it can be frantic at times and dead at others, which is probably a good thing as the frantic thing would do my head in if it was constant. We are waiting on a final round MT job and so Yes, I'm a bit fluttery and refreshing emails whilst pretending we have put it behind us and moved on...

Most of the time you do just move on, but every now and again there is a 'what if' job that gets under your skin.

It IS exciting, and great fun, and an amazing experience for kids who enjoy it, so buckle up and enjoy the ride. It is meant to be fun! :D
Knic
BRIT Award

Post by Knic »

Awww thank you for replying! Congratulations and good luck to you for the MT.

Our first face to face casting was Saturday and I was more nervous than dd, we walked in to a waiting room of mums and children and I was so
proud of how cool dd kept.
Pandora II
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pandora II »

The nerves do get easier over time, and I'm a lot more blase about auditions than I once was, although I still have sleepless nights before some if I know DD is particularly invested.

Stuff for film and TV I'm very laid back about now because the numbers they see and what they are looking for is such a total lottery that it's not worth getting too excited or invested.

It's the big MT ones that leave me feeling weak and in need of gin, especially because you can have multiple rounds in a day and that adrenaline and slight panic is not something I enjoy.

Happily DD loves auditions... strange child... so at least I don't have to worry about that. She's also very good at extracting consolation prizes!