The Voice Kids

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Proudmum1968
GRAMMY Award

The Voice Kids

Post by Proudmum1968 »

Hi -has anyone had any experience of auditions for ITV's The Voice Kids please. My DS has an audition Saturday morning. :D
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Re: The Voice Kids

Post by ACookie »

My DD did it last year and it was a 3 stage process then. First she had to sing acapella to 2 casting team members who decided if she went through to round 2. Then she had to sing 2 full songs with backing tracks, which was filmed, and answer some questions about herself. The third stage was with show researchers who delved more into her life!
Of course it could have changed! We didn't bother this time around.
Proudmum1968
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proudmum1968 »

Thanks ACookie - will he find out on Saturday if he has got through to stage 3 if he gets to stage 2 and how big a gap was there between stage 2 and 3 please?
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

It was all done on the same day. The casting people in each round gave her a sticker which told the admin team where to take her next! We had to stay with her all the time as there are no chaperones. recalls were in half term last year and we found out a couple of weeks before I think.
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

One of our kids got through all of the stages last week. I think they get a phone call in November to tell them if they are successful
Proudmum1968
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proudmum1968 »

Oh thanks ACookie and Dogcop - that's really helpful. Well done to one of your kids Dogcop!
Next dilemma is what to sing - do you think mix of musical theatre and classical would go down well or just musical theatre as it's a crowd pleaser?
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

To be honest I'd do pop if you can - that's the predominant genre on the show. In the second part she was asked to do a musical theatre as well as her full pop song. But if pop not possible go for whatever shows the voice off best.
Proudmum1968
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proudmum1968 »

Pop isn't really his forte so I am thinking Musical Theatre/Easy Listening / Classical :-)
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

My DD did pop and MT. They said we can tell you are experienced in MT can you do another pop song,we had spares of each. She got through round 2 but not interesting enough for researchers, in 2nd round they did ask questions like "is dad around ?"
I would also think about what to wear ,something funky ,no high pony tails or French plaits - not a problem for a boy!
I am glad mine didn't get through,not a fan and now luckily too old.
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Definitely do pop, we went and DS did a ballad (he has a very chorister type voice) and it was definitely the wrong choice, also as the others say have a few options in pop and a MT piece up your sleeve although I have a feeling they prefer the pop to the MT, I can't remember where I heard or read that, it might have been when they came to Bristol for the preliminaries then invited half of us up to the first round.
Proudmum1968
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proudmum1968 »

Thanks everyone - what will be will be :-)
x
Proudmum1968
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proudmum1968 »

Just got back from audition - went really well. Went straight to stage 2 and sang 3 songs of different genres which went really well. Then had an interview with researchers which went really well too I think. Just waiting to hear if called back now which will be in London in November. Lotsalaffs - how did you know your DD wasn't interesting enough for researchers - did they tell you on the day?

Has anyone had callback to next stage after researchers please?
esmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by esmum »

Good Luck all - daughter got through to researchers last year. The feedback from 3rd round was amazing - almost an hour afterwards with researchers, phone calls, passports etc, so I was a little bit surprised when she didn't get through to London recall. Haha! we are used to auditions but this one did feel really positive (so should have known not to expect anything lol) - I know that last year a few excellent voices didn't get through either. So while that made us feel better, it was again, surprising. When I saw the show - it is clear that it is not just the Voice but the full on physical performance. We did get an email this year to apply again but guessing that was for all who got through to the third rounds last year? We didn't apply but if we had, would have chosen an upbeat, catchy song - have to say, the process we went through last year was very positive and all very good experience. Breakaleg all who get through this year =D>
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

We were the same last year. All the way to final researchers round. Spent well over an hour with them and everyone had been super positive.... But didn't get any further. Were asked to audition this year but declined!
Proudmum1968
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proudmum1968 »

Ahhh thanks for that ACookie and esmum - will make sure I manage DS's expectations. There were soooo many kids there - mainly girls. OH well will just sit tight now and see what happens. Thanks again everyone.