The Voice Kids

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Zoeharvey1
BRIT Award

Re: The Voice Kids

Post by Zoeharvey1 »

Make sure you check your spam folder!
cheadle-micron wrote:Dd also got through stage 2 last year, had a call from a researcher and didn't get a no email until 2 days before the stage 3s at half term. So they do cut it fine. Think they've had auditions in Glasgow, London and Cardiff so far and schools in the North. Dd applied again this year but not heard anything for Manchester auditions.
cheadle_micron
Nominee

Post by cheadle_micron »

Dd has an audition on Weds. It's hard to know what to sing. She has a great voice but loves singing classical and good at musical theatre. They want to hear pop though.
Proudmum1968
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proudmum1968 »

I asked the organisers if it had to be pop and they said they are looking for all genres. My DS sang Musical Theatre, pop and easy listening so they could see the breadth of his repertoire. Bets of luck for Wednesday. Is that the last audition? Hope we hear soon about London call backs!
Josmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Josmum »

Good luck to all the children auditioning for this. My daughter auditioned in August at ITV but she had laryngitis..bad timing. She did manage to sing a few songs and the individuals she performed for were very nice. Said they've seen her videos so they know how she sounds but we're not holding our breath for anything further. She's a classically trained singer so that tends to be her best genre but they did ask her to sing something pop as well and she did. Like all these shows, there are many factors that go into producers decisions so she never takes a No personally.
cheadle-micron
Nominee

Post by cheadle-micron »

Fingers crossed. It's hard if they're classically trained because they've learnt to stand still and pop requires a different performance. DD did her best but they don't give much away so a waiting game again.
Zoeharvey1
BRIT Award

Post by Zoeharvey1 »

Did you have to stand in that really long queue outside before the audition?!?
barmby1234
BRIT Award

Post by barmby1234 »

Yes we waited outside. Waited at least an hour. They were taking in 12 children at a time I think. It was a No for us but they were lovely and you could tell it wasn't Musical Theatre they wanted. Great experience though.
cheadle_micron
Nominee

Post by cheadle_micron »

Yes, we stood for around an hour and a half, it was freezing and windy. I didn't expect so many as they'd looked at videos and it was by invitation. You could be right about the musical theatre because at stage A DD was asked to change her second song for stage B and I asked if she should sing a musical theatre. They recommended not to and to stick to pop.
Zoeharvey1
BRIT Award

Post by Zoeharvey1 »

My DD really enjoyed her audition and said everyone was lovely even though she got a no at stage 1. I was surprised at the huge queues too. Her audition slot was 3.30. We arrived at 3.00 (thankfully) but she wasn’t seen until after 5.00.
Josmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Josmum »

cheadle-micron wrote:Fingers crossed. It's hard if they're classically trained because they've learnt to stand still and pop requires a different performance. DD did her best but they don't give much away so a waiting game again.
Very true! Sometimes stand still and deliver for classical and other times move for pop songs. :lol: Good luck to your DD. Keep us posted.
Josmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Josmum »

Zoeharvey1 wrote:Did you have to stand in that really long queue outside before the audition?!?
Josephine was given an audition at ITV for the producers right at the beginning of this years process, so she didn't have to queue. They invited her in because they remembered her from last year. That was nice but we don't think it gives her any better chance of getting in. You just never know who they will choose. There are so many talented kids.
Proudmum1968
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proudmum1968 »

Are all the regional auditions finished now does anyone know please? Still waiting to hear if London call back ...
Josmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Josmum »

Proudmum1968 wrote:Are all the regional auditions finished now does anyone know please? Still waiting to hear if London call back ...
I don't know if auditions have totally finished but we haven't heard anything yet regarding call backs. Has anyone else heard of anyone getting a response yet about call backs? We'll let you know either way.

cheadle-micron
Nominee

Post by cheadle-micron »

Josmum wrote:
Proudmum1968 wrote:Are all the regional auditions finished now does anyone know please? Still waiting to hear if London call back ...
I don't know if auditions have totally finished but we haven't heard anything yet regarding call backs. Has anyone else heard of anyone getting a response yet about call backs? We'll let you know either way.

No news yet after Manchester audition either.
Imnotsuperwoman
Nominee

Post by Imnotsuperwoman »

Still no news here after the Birmingham auditions, has anyone had a London call back yet?