Savoy Theatre- Stephen Mear & Nigel Lilley: Stagebox Open Audition Call

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Totallyclueless
GRAMMY Award

Re: Savoy Theatre- Stephen Mear & Nigel Lilley: Stagebox Open Audition Call

Post by Totallyclueless »

It's really bugging me this YouTube obsession. Every video has a very different amount of views. Just like it does with Spirit. If YouTube and Facebook didn't exist I'm sure all the children who auditioned would still want to be on the team (my child would)
Yorkshirepudding
GRAMMY Award

Post by Yorkshirepudding »

I have a child in the training team in Leeds who certainly isn't in it for YouTube views, as they don't do the filming in the training team. He is in it for hard work and constructive feedback by a knowledgeable and committed team, and the opportunity to make new friends and learn loads.

Well done to everyone who was offered a place, you will have a great time.
Daffyduck
Nominee

Post by Daffyduck »

Hi Totallyclueless. If you are interested you can go into the 'statistics' under 'more' on some of the videos eg Elf, Legally Blonde, Wicked (some arent accessible) you will see a huge spike as soon as the video is released and then pretty much flatlining for months afterwards. This is not how You Tube works - generally you will see a steady incline of views like their recent Disney one. I know a little about this via my line of work. Also a video with c125K views (Sondeim mash up) wouldn't only have 12 comments. I'm not sure if you don't believe that they buy views or you just aren't bothered so not sure if this explanation means anything to you. Sorry if not! It doesn't bother me but I can understand why it might bother some.

Yes children (maybe not 320!) would still have auditioned but the videos and other forms of social media are justifiably, and undeniably, an important part of all of these type of training schools' popularity nowadays and without them we may not really know about them. Good luck to your child. X
isabelle73.dance
Nominee

Post by isabelle73.dance »

Well done everyone joining the Stagebox family! So excited to see your team (and eventually hopefully meet you all)! Amazing achievement and heard London was superb. People didn't turn up to join a youtube club, they turned up to meet and work with the industry's best.I work in marketing sector and the reason for youtube 'spike' is because when it comes out us parents, families, dance schools etc share it. The videos on FB get shared hundreds of times and the facebook following is in the thousands so of course this is how they get their views. As totallyclueless said no different to spirit just stagebox hasn't put out as many vids but has more fb followers!!

Disney is still rising, it just depends on the video I'm sure. Anyway the videos are fab and we are all rightly proud of our kids. It isn't about views for us it is about these amazing opportunities, training and the right people are seeing the videos so all good for us.

Congrats again to the kids who have a place this time. :D =D> can't wait to hear about whose in!
Daffyduck
Nominee

Post by Daffyduck »

Clearly some people aren't willing to accept this is the case so this is my last message about it. Since I posted about statistics, Stagebox seem to have now hidden them. Take from that what you want!

Bear in mind SYPC have over 70k subscribers to their youtube channel. Stagebox have 5k. So not sure a few thousand Facebook followers is going to make much of a difference. And spirit would surely show the same patterns for shares by proud family & friends...

I think for you to downplay/trivialise the You Tube side ('YouTube club') is rather short sighted given that Stagebox very much sell themselves as professional training AND an opportunity to 'showcase' talent.

And I think this proves I have too much time on my hands so I'm off to do something meaningful!

Bye!
isabelle73.dance
Nominee

Sure daffyduck, our kids are being showcased and it is all about training with SB. The videos are just the cherry on top of the cake- they were the first company who got picked up by ITV producers (which my dd was in), are currently in rehearsals for another ITV project and a UK Tour all of the back of YouTube. So it is showcasing them and getting them constant opportunities and attention let alone lots i can't mention on here which is happening. I've just taken a look and spirits are hidden too- it is due to copyright that you can't see the stats on videos, I just tried. Exactly! I agree with you spirit do have x10 more subscribers therefore x10 the views because they have put out x10 more videos. It is all completely irrelevant to the views- I never subscribed, commented or liked a video in my life, still watch them.

I think we should just be celebrating peoples kids being succesful and doing well not trying to analyse and drag down companies who are doing an amazing job and giving all our kids huge opportunities. Just my point of view- my dd would still want to be in SB even if they had 2 views! Sorry for rant but I just think this point is mad and unproven on a forum about performing and opportunities for kids not statistics and gossip. ](*,)

Well done to everyone and all your lovely kids. If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me. The kids is what this is all about and I know they will have the time of their life. =D>
Totallyclueless
GRAMMY Award

Well done kids you've done amazingly, enjoy the experience and be proud =D> \:D/
Last edited by Totallyclueless on Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
isabelle73.dance
Nominee

Agreed thank you totallyclueless- and both great just differ in format, style, numbers, weekly vs holidays and sizes too but lots of happy kids all round in both camps.

As long as all the kids are happy and opportunities and these fabulous videos are rolling in then that is all that matters to us. We love watching them back, watching them grow and we have always been very looked after, guided and cared for so apologies for getting busy! Welcome to the family totallyclueless
Totallyclueless
GRAMMY Award

[quote="isabelle73.dance"]Agreed thank you totallyclueless- and both great just differ in format, style, numbers, weekly vs holidays and sizes too but lots of happy kids all round in both camps.
Last edited by Totallyclueless on Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

To all of those that should have now received the email with dates of Workshops, etc - check your term dates with schools as the February half term dates are different to that of the schools in our locality - ours are a week later so I have let the SB Team know. Looking forward to meeting some NAPM mums (or dads).xx