Extras Agencies

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

fizzycandy123
GRAMMY Award

Extras Agencies

Post by fizzycandy123 »

Hi everyone,Im leaving school this year and I have heard from many people that during July to September there is a quite a bit of extra work for the 16-20 year olds age group usually.I applied to ray knights as it was recommended to me by somone I meet on an extras job previoulsy.I got a reply saying please re apply once your exams are over,however I have since came across pinewood extras/extra people which also seem to get a lot of work.Do you think that extras agencies get the same sort of stuff? As I was just thinking I know Ray Kights gets a lot of BBC work,but Pinewood would likley get there extra work for the films/Televsion filmed there and if I applied to both and was lucky enough to get accepted by both would it be pointless having two extra agencies.xx?Thankyou.
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: Extras Agencies

Post by pg »

Unlike acting agencies, it's fine (and common) to be represented by more than one extras agency, so providing it won't cost you too much I would register with both. Check their criteria in terms of transport and availability before committing yourself though.
fizzycandy123
GRAMMY Award

Post by fizzycandy123 »

Thankyou.xx
Gatesheadangel
GRAMMY Award

Post by Gatesheadangel »

It does seem to be normal to pay a fee to join an extras agency, I assume this is to stop timewasters.

Good luck with your exams in the meantime!
fizzycandy123
GRAMMY Award

Post by fizzycandy123 »

Hi,I just wanted to add,do you think its best to sign up/apply to an extras agency around April in order to have a better chance of work in the summer. As most of my exams finish by early/mid June time.I am sixteen years old and have a NI number.?xx Thank you
surreptitious
Nominee

Post by surreptitious »

The only thing with Ray Knights is that they are very full time, they don't really accept students until after they've completely finished. x