Adult agencies

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

AlexHL
GRAMMY Award

Adult agencies

Post by AlexHL »

Hello,

I am an 18 year old actress, and am looking to join an agency which represents adults, as my current agent only represents teenagers up until the age of 19.

Does anyone know of any reputable adults agencies who are likely to take on younger or less expeirenced clients? I have tried all the big / well known ones (RKA, A&J, Curtis Brown, Independent, Shepherd etc) but have no luck.

Therefore I was wondering if anyone knows of any ones which are perhaps less well known? I have done lots of internet research but am struggling to find agencies which are not 'top tier ' agencies!
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Re: Adult agencies

Post by lotsolaffs »

Have you heard of Mad Fish? They are based in East Sussex and seem pretty good.There are some reviews on here about them and I know they are on Facebook. Good luck with finding the right one.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Yes it's very hard my DS sent out over 30 CVs but only got to go and see 3 adult agents and he has a very good CV. Do know some one who had not done any profissional acting work got in with one of the best agency's, only trouble with that they have a lot of high profile actors on there books and you will be up against them so hard to get any really good parts as the known people will get it. Unless you have done a lot of big things it's better to go with smaller agents. Ds new agent is great always got time for ds if he needs advise he is the only young teen on there books at the moment so he is not up against any one in his agency when he goes to castings. It's bad enough going for castings and being up against other people from other agency's but being up against actors in your agency very hard. Good luck hope you find a good agent to represent you
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

AlexHL did you ever find an adult agent that took you on?
AlexHL
GRAMMY Award

Post by AlexHL »

No unfortunately I still haven't! sent out lots of CVS but havent heard back from most!

I'm not surprised as I don't really have enough credits to be of interest to the bigger agencies,! I have done lots of online research but have found it hard to find more boutique/ less well known agencies that also look reputable!
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Don't give up took Ds ages to get a new adult agent it was really fed up took nearly a year to get represented by Shepherd. If your agent only gives representation until 18 talk to them they might have adult agency's that they get you seen by. It's not as if you are leaving because you want to its because you have to. Good luck let us know how you get on