PDP Management

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Livy2
GRAMMY Award

PDP Management

Post by Livy2 »

Hi,

I applied to the latest advert on Star now to PDP Management along with of the other adverts from agents and I was really surprised to get a message back from PDP asking me to email Spotlight and change from my current agent to PDP Management without them having met me or my daughter? Any views on this anyone? Especially as they are in Manchester and we are London Based. I only applied to them on the off-chance. Would rather have an agent a lot nearer.

Please let me know what you think. We have had some interest from other agents and been told to apply through their websites so have to do this, still in the process of tidying up her Spotlight page. Also should credits on Spotlight only be professional and paid events as some of the things my dd has done are professional but not paid, i.e. West End Live, National Connections and her latest is going to be at the Almeida but we are still waiting to her exactly what her role will be. I'm hoping that I can suggest to new agents that she come and see her when the show is running. It's 8 weeks run, should be interesting as she will be starting sixth form at same time :-#
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Re: PDP Management

Post by Irishdancer »

Would not touch an agent that dose not want to see your dd, when I applied to new agents for ds even though he had a very good CV with lots of BBC work on it agents still wanted to see him. If your dd is 16 might be time to start applying to adult agency's. At 16 she should apply herself, agency's who get letters emails from 16 year olds mothers tend to worry that it's the parent that is pushing the young person. If dd gets a meeting with another agent let her go in with out you, you can go with her but just stay out of the meeting, a lot of parents myself included make that mistake as we have been sorting
out and working with agents for a long time it can be hard to let go but agents expect 16 year olds not to need to parents to hold their child's hand at that age. If the work is professional even though it is not paid then you can put it on, it's only things like school and stage school productions that you should not put on. Your dd agent should have sorted out her spotlight page. Who is she with? If you don't want to say PM me
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

I would run a mile from an agent that suggested you replace a current agent on your Spotlight page without even meeting.

That is not a professional way for an agent to behave and suggests they are just interested in numbers.

I would never accept representation from an agent that didn't even want to meet. I would expect an agent to want to know what you can do,too (i.e. see you in performance).

In all honesty I would also be pretty suspicious of any *acting* agency that is advertising on Starnow... I'd certainly be checking them out with a fairly cynical eye.

Good agents don't need to tout for clients.

I've just had a look at their website :shock: - Have you looked at it?

I don't think they are QUITE ready to take the world by storm judging by that.

Both the (two :shock: ) actors in their female actors section have a link to a Spotlight page - and it doesn't show PDP as the agent - it shows another agent. You might like to check that they haven't added your dd to their site... It might well be worth alerting Spotlight to this too.
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Thank you to both of you. I was expecting it to be very difficult to get an new agent so I was very surprised. dd is quite independent anyway - she's had to be as I'm deaf so she's used to talking to adults and although I may go with her to make sure she has got to the right place, now she's quite used to doing things by herself. She's even going to stay at home on her own for a week so she can go into London for rehearsals for her next production and then she's going to fly out on her own to join the rest of us for a week's holiday. We will miss her on holiday though 8-[