Scream management

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

missmolly123
Nominee

Scream management

Post by missmolly123 »

Has anyone had any trouble with scream or are they a good agency? My ds has been approached by them however their admin seems a bit poor/lacklustre and I'm not fully convinced by them (as yet :) ) has anyone got any positive/negative feedback please? Thanks x
fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Re: Scream management

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

See my comments on post below this one :)
missmolly123
Nominee

Post by missmolly123 »

Thanks x
Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Post by Melaniec123 »

Hello :)
This is just a direct copy from another one of my posts but it pretty much sums it up.
Hello, my dd is 16 and she is with scream. She has only been represented by then for a few months and already we think they are fabulous They are very easy to contact and so friendly, so we always feel at ease when getting in touch with them. Dd also came from a different agent and they were great with swapping stuff over. They explained everything in detail when the offer for representation came,and they supply you with a "welcome pack" which explains in detail everything you need to know, from who to get in touch with, to certain words that you might hear on a set mean. Being based in the midlands we can sometimes feel out of the whole acting scene however scream are great at looking for and encouraging us to look for as many projects around our area as well as the usual London/Manchester stuff. They also support dd finding work for herself which I know quite a few agents object to.
Dd said that the initial workshop was very fun, a bit of a get to know you, and then some script work. She's off to the update workshop next month so not sure what to expect
We could not be happier with Scream!

Mel
X
Ellie8989899301
GRAMMY Award

Post by Ellie8989899301 »

That's great to hear such positive feedback. How long did it take after the audition workshop to hear if they would like to offer representation?
Thank you.
Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Post by Melaniec123 »

They tell them on the day, each child leaves with an envelope in their name (whilst they were doing scripts two of the agents were writing things down, and then they have about 10 minutes at the end where they discuss the children and then hand out the envelopes) the envelope either says yes we would like to represent you with details of what the commitment etc Is. . Or it says we think your not qready for the agency yet with feedback as to why and I for as to when the next audition will be :)They do not like you to open in the room, in front of each other for obvious reasons so tell you to wait until your with your parents. Bit of an unusual way of doing it but I think it's great to get the results over and done with
Mel x
Mrs.H13
BRIT Award

Post by Mrs.H13 »

Hi,
Unfortunately my experience with Scream is not quite as good as others on here! My dd was approached by them after they saw her perform at the opera house. They asked for me to bring her along to their workshop auditions (which I had to pay for!) There were around 20-25 kids at the auditions, quite a lot of them were from my dd's stage school. After the workshop my dd's teacher asked all of her teenagers how they had done and if anyone had done really well - they all commented on my dd. Now I know these are only young girls, but they have all been involved with stage school etc for a long time. They are aware of when somebody has done particularly well, I even wondered if the teenagers may just to be biased towards my dd - not the case as there were lots of children there who they knew. Anyway, after days of waiting my dd got a no! I was a little surprised at the fact that they had requested her to attend (we wouldn't have applied otherwise!) For the fact that I knew she had done well, I sent a polite email - thanking them for the experience and asking if it would be possible to get a little bit of feedback incase she decided to apply again. I had no response what so ever. Considering it was a very small workshop compared to what most big agencies have, I found this to be very rude if not arrogant! My dd's teacher followed this up which I wasn't aware of at the time. She contacted them to see what the problem was and was told my dd had done really well but she was to "QUIRKY" for them!!!! A month later the stage school kids took performing arts grade exams, to our surprise my dd got a distinction gaining the highest percentage mark throughout the whole school. At this point, her teacher contacted scream again (she does know them, she wasn't just a random nutter phoning them up!) She told them of the results (bearing in mind that half of the stage school are represented by scream) The facts were now down on paper, she asked them to reconsider seeing dd again. They didn't! They were not the slightest bit interested in the talent of the child just how she looked, she wasn't applying to be a model - she just wants to act! After saying all this - I am just one person and this is my experience of them. I know of kids who have got great jobs with Scream. If they like you your ok. If not, you are treated like rubbish! I wasn't going to post this but I wouldn't want anyone having the same experience. Even an email to acknowledge mine and say "sorry but we don't give feedback" would have been nice. But no! Nothing! Dd has now been taken on by another agency where there were hundreds of children auditioning, so thankfully she has put this terrible experience behind her. Please don't see this as a bitter parent moaning because her child didn't get in. That isn't our issue. The experience was bad for the way we were treated, a little bit of respect is not much to ask. As I've said - this is just our experience - others may get on just fine. Good luck xx
eleanorrigby66
GRAMMY Award

Post by eleanorrigby66 »

I'm sorry to hear about your experience MrsH.13.

I imagine its frustrating and a little perplexing when your DD is obviously talented but usually agents - like casting directors - have a look or style or something in mind when they're bringing new kids onto the books. Such is the world of performing; even the most amazingly talented of kids get no's - and it's mind-boggling to those of us who are onlookers. But CD's and agents can't always explain the method behind their 'madness' - thy have a job to get on with and the rest of us just have to accept it even if it makes no sense to us.
Last edited by eleanorrigby66 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mrs.H13
BRIT Award

Post by Mrs.H13 »

I completely understand that part of it eleanorrigby66 - I know it's not always possible to give feedback. It was just the fact that they had gone out of their way to contact us to see her that I couldn't understand. And even if they weren't prepared to give feedback (they do actually give feedback now I believe) it's common decency to acknowledge an email. Just to say sorry but no! I do find it very sad that in this day and age an agency can ignore a talented child because of the way they look. I really debated with myself whether or not to share my experience on here. It could so easily be perceived as us being bitter. We went in to this blind as it all happened so fast, I would have appreciated points of view of other parents at the time which is why I have commented x
Ellie8989899301
GRAMMY Award

I had my audition today, and am pleased to say I have been offered representation. I thought the workshop was very well organised, with everyone given an opportunity to show what they could do and given direction.
I have previously been represented by Chilli Kids, who send out availability checks before submitting you for jobs. Am I right in thinking that Scream only contact you if you get an audition, not to check you are available for the shoot dates etc before putting you forwards?
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

I think Chilli Kids is rather unique in sending out availability checks like that ... most agents will assume you are available unless you tell them otherwise so make sure you give them lots of warning about any holidays, exams etc so they know not to submit you for any conflicting jobs.

Congratulations on getting onto their books .... here's hoping for some fab castings for you [-o< [-o< [-o<
Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Post by Melaniec123 »

Woo well done to you! :D my dd was in the workshop yesterday for her refresher workshop so you would have met haha, here's to some great castings for you :) in regards to them contacting you, we find that they put you forward and then if you get called for an audition, only confirm once they know you can make the shoot dates.
Mel x
Ellie8989899301
GRAMMY Award

That's great, thank you to you both. I don't have my photoshoot until the end of July, but hopefully lots of castings will come along after that. [-o<
missmolly123
Nominee

Post by missmolly123 »

Hi thanks for posts - just to say we are going through process of accepting their offer and having pictures done etc, I've heard mostly positive things regarding scream so i'm feeling more positive towards it all. It's all very new to me, so i'm trying to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible. x
Ellie8989899301
GRAMMY Award

I have received the forms to fill in, and there is a fit to work certificate that it says my doctor needs to sign. Does this apply to me if I am 19?