Globe Young Players 2015

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Globe Young Players 2015

Post by TalyaB »

Good news in a piece about the next season at the Sam Wannamaker Playhouse: 'And the Globe Young Players, a company of 12-16-year-olds who train with the Globe's resident experts, will present Marlowe's Dido, Queen of Carthage.'

Here's the full piece - http://www.whatsonstage.com/london-thea ... le-flyover

So well done to those who were involved this year - it sounds as if as well as having an amazing experience you did a good enough job to make the Globe want to repeat it. I look forward to info about auditioning etc.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Re: Globe Young Players 2015

Post by CatKat_0 »

This is great news - an important way to inspire the next generation of Shakespearean actors
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

Oh very good news - the one week of the year we were out of the country was the audition week last year! Be fantastic if dd2 could have another try! x
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Surely if they are going to run another audition this year, there would have been publicity by now? I remember last year we all had to email to say we were interested and then when they finally got round to telling us the audition dates, which were extremely limited by the way, quite a few of us couldn't make it. Not really having a moan about last year but DD begged and begged and begged for us to change our summer holiday date but we had to say no as we knew that school wouldn't have allowed her to have any time off being in Year 11 (which is very nearly over - one week to go with a heavy list of GCSEs for next week). Fingers and everything crossed for good results and if anyone knows anything about new audition dates/procedure for Globe Young Players 2015, I would be interested !
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

And also by the way, if you have DD and DS's interested in Shakespeare, they should audition for Junior Guildhall Drama Section (Saturdays) as my DD has been studying Shakespeare there for the last 2 or 3 years and she loves it. :D :D
Livi'sMum
Nominee

Post by Livi'sMum »

So are people thinking that there may be some more auditions for this this year? :D
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

I haven't seen anything but DS could well be interested, so if anyone does see something, please share. Last year's was earlier though, so maybe the plan is different for this time.