If you've asked me about recording songs, this is for you

Give us your Feedback and Ideas on Anything!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Flosmom
OSCAR Award

If you've asked me about recording songs, this is for you

Post by Flosmom »

Quite a few NAPMs have asked me for advice about getting songs recorded or music videos made.

I am usually reluctant to make recommendations because what suits one might not suit another. But a studio local to us has just put out an offer that's worth passing on.

It's a two-hour recording and video session, for £75, which results in something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpeDA0Q35sY

This example is a young woman that Flo has worked with, and the team behind it are being very helpful to Flo right now, so we know them, and I'd be happy to put anyone in touch if you think you'd fancy a trip to Rugby to work with them.

The studio time on offer is on Sundays, and if you're passing our door we're always happy to put the kettle on too!

Just a word to the wise - if you want to record an original song you might need to invest a bit more time (and money) to get the arrangement worked out. Or you might not. But if I was you I'd be having this conversation up-front. I don't think they'd rip you off, but you wouldn't want to spoil the ship for a hapennyworth of tar (as my dad used to say)

Hope this is helpful - PM me if you want more info. Oh...and we have absolutely no commercial interest in this whatsoever, we just want to share something that looks good to us and seems reasonable value too.

Deb x
supamum
BAFTA Award

Re: If you've asked me about recording songs, this is for yo

Post by supamum »

thanks for this information :D