Autumn Workshop, London (Professionally Filmed Showcase)

Advertisements received about Opportunities for your child to attend workshop courses

Moderator: busybusybusy

SpiritYPC
BRIT Award

Autumn Workshop, London (Professionally Filmed Showcase)

Post by SpiritYPC »

By popular demand, Spirit Young Performers Company is bringing our next workshop to London.

For performers aged 8-15, the workshop will take place at the Poor School, opposite Kings Cross Station.
28th October – 1st November 2013

In this one-of-a-kind workshop, performers spend one week working on an original musical theatre song (from an industry composer) which is professionally filmed for a dynamic performance showcase that each child can take home on DVD - AND released on iTunes as an 'Original Cast Recording'!!

This workshop guarantees a terrific time for all involved. Experience the thrill of performing before a camera and make friends and memories for life - forever immortalised on film.

We also have one space for a young filmmaker (aged 11-18).

Price is £145 for the week.

""It was absolutely brilliant, one of the best things I've done in my life" 'nuff said!" - Ella Markey, age 9.

Please visit our YouTube page for examples of our showcases and behind-the-scenes videos.
Please visit our Official Website for more details.
Or email ‪sophieboyce@spiritypc.com with queries and bookings.
eleanorrigby66
GRAMMY Award

Re: Autumn Workshop, London (Professionally Filmed Showcase)

Post by eleanorrigby66 »

Will you be running anything for the younger age bracket this year?
SpiritYPC
BRIT Award

Post by SpiritYPC »

eleanorrigby66 wrote:Will you be running anything for the younger age bracket this year?
Unfortunately not this year, although we are auditioning performers from age 7 up for our regular London-based classes. These offer unique opportunities to young performers, which you can read more about here.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

This is a link to the song dd did at the summer workshop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrz4BjhN ... e=youtu.be

they all had a fab time. (for those who don't know her dd is the one in the zebra outfit - with the broken wrist!)
GreaseIstheWord
BRIT Award

Post by GreaseIstheWord »

francescasmum wrote:This is a link to the song dd did at the summer workshop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrz4BjhN ... e=youtu.be

they all had a fab time. (for those who don't know her dd is the one in the zebra outfit - with the broken wrist!)
It's fab, catchy like the Pick Me song-I think the song writer is very talented. Is Francesca going to the Autumn workshop i a couple of weeks??
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

She wanted too but it overlaps with Brownie camp and as rehearsals for Les Miserables are at the same time as Brownies she has decided to give up Brownies (which she would be leaving at Christmas anyway) so the long weekend away will be her last session with them and she didn't want to cut it short.
hope all those going enjoy it as much as she did. The song writer is very good at pitching it just right for the kids.
mouskouri41
GRAMMY Award

Post by mouskouri41 »

Any other napm dcs attending this this week?
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Hope your dcs are enjoying the Spirit workshop. Dd hopes to go to the next one, she enjoyed the summer one so much.
I've had a taste of things to come this weekend. Older dd came to visit on Friday then younger Dd went away to Brownie camp as older dd left for home, Ds got the keys to his house that day too so began moving in Friday evening. So the weekend was just DH and me at home, very strange and quiet after 25 years of a house full of laughter and bodies. But Ds back into the office today and I'm picking dd up at 11am so it will be back to hustle and bustle. I don't like it, :( think I might lock younger dd in a cupboard so she can't go away again!! :lol:
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

Hope you're all having a fab time and shame my DD couldn't get to it, she was upset when I said No as she loved doing the 'Anything but Normal, Pick Me ' promotional song. You will have a fabulous week and Sophie and her team are amazing :D :D