Summer course - Les Mis in St Albans

Advertisements received about Opportunities for your child to attend workshop courses

Moderator: busybusybusy

TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Summer course - Les Mis in St Albans

Post by TalyaB »

I'd like to share this link to Act Now Performing Arts Academy's summer course - two weeks (non-residential) in St Albans from 3 August, doing Les Mis. It's for ages 9-19, and I'm speaking as a very satisfied parent.
http://www.actnowperformingartsschool.c ... S-MIS.html

My son did a similar course with them three years ago and I have only good things to say about Act Now! The kids could choose which parts to audition for and he got to play Gavroche. It was the first time he'd done anything like that, and he had an amazing time and then started attending their term-time classes. He missed last year's because he was in Matilda, but he would never have auditioned for that without their support and encouragement. They have a link with an agency, but I don't know what that's like as we've chosen to go it alone for now. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask me.
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Re: Summer course - Les Mis in St Albans

Post by Dwafffamily »

Ah shame my son will only have just turned 8 by then, he absolutely loves Les Mis and wants to be Gavroche one day.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Re: Summer course - Les Mis in St Albans

Post by CatKat_0 »

If you're local - I'd ring them and ask - sometimes they might drop the age limit, but sometimes its related to insurance and chaperone numbers and they can't.