Agency Auditions

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Goglehat
BRIT Award

Agency Auditions

Post by Goglehat »

What should you expect when going to agency auditions and also what to prepare if nothing particular has been requested :D (Please comment to help me and others)
Sometimes you dont realise the value of a moment until it becomes a memory

http://www.youtube.com/user/clubkidsj?feature=mhee
hopesanddreams
BRIT Award

Re: Agency Auditions

Post by hopesanddreams »

I have an agency audition soon too! I've never been to one, but just learn a monologue that reflects your personality and overall character, also prepare general answers incase they interview you. Also bring your CV and a headshot in a folder incase they ask. Always best to be prepared :D Good Luck! :D
Goglehat
BRIT Award

Post by Goglehat »

Yeah I've prepared a song but I'm still looking for a good monologue. If you don't mind me asking which agency are you auditioning for? (you can pm if you don't want to say on here :D )
Sometimes you dont realise the value of a moment until it becomes a memory

http://www.youtube.com/user/clubkidsj?feature=mhee
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

It depends a bit on your age, I think. As an adult an agency meeting probably won't include an audition (though you should always be prepared). If you know it is an audition then concentrate on finding a good, short, modern monologue. In terms of the interview: all you need to do is be yourself and answer any questions honestly. Be open and friendly. The agent just wants to know what you are like and how you are likely to come across in a casting.

Some auditions include workshops/improvisation.

If you search through the posts here you can find quite a lot of discussion on this subject.