TMG Agency London

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

whizzywasp
Nominee

TMG Agency London

Post by whizzywasp »

Hi I am a new NAPM and could really do with some feedback/advice. My daughter has been offered representation with TMG London. Has anybody had any dealing with them :D
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: TMG Agency London

Post by pg »

I haven't had any dealings with them. However, I don't much like the idea of the £10 per month charge to be in their digital publication. Such a charge is,as they say, "permitted" but it is supposed to represent the actual cost to the company of providing it - I suspect it doesn't cost them £120 a year for every client - do the arithmetic :shock: . This looks to me like a company trying to get round the rules. I think you should check whether their "recommendation" to be in it is actually a "requirement".

No reputable adult acting agency charges a book fee. Some reputable extras agencies do.

There are plenty of good children's agencies that don't either.

It also states that their digital publication is "like the publication from Spotlight, however interactive and far more functional".

Spotlight is a hugely sophisticated digital directory (as well as the printed publication) with amazing search facilities and (vitally) the Spotlight link which is the way that most CDs will ask for submissions. You can have showreels, voicereels and photos on your Spotlight page. How is their digital directory any different or any better? Especially if CDs use Spotlight (which they do). Why would a CD be interested in yet another directory? If you are interested in acting, you don't need to be in any directory other than Spotlight. If you want to be a model, of course, they're not allowed to charge ;) . I think what they have written is bunkum. I would certainly want to see evidence of this interactive and far more functional digital directory and would want a plausible reason why they need this as well as Spotlight for actors (apart from the obviously very appealing reason of getting £120 a year from every client). Casting Directors are very unlikely to bother with it. If CDs had to look in a different directory for every agency they would go mad.

They say they don't charge registration fees. True enough, they just call it something else.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

Not heard of them -sorry.....
whizzywasp
Nominee

Post by whizzywasp »

Thank you so much for your wonderful knowledge, they have sent over a agency agreement for m e to look at. I shall be going over it with a fine tooth comb. I am of the same opinion about spotlight and am reluctant to change. :D