Les Mis Extras Open Casting

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Jellybabies
GRAMMY Award

Les Mis Extras Open Casting

Post by Jellybabies »

I heard that there is apparently an open casting this saturday for extras for the film? has anyone heard any more info?
Selina2
GRAMMY Award

Re: Les Mis Extras Open Casting

Post by Selina2 »

Universal Extras are holding open castings in Kent, London, Northampton, Winchester and Portsmouth in February (for over 16s).
The dates and locations are on their FB group http://www.facebook.com/groups/121138671340741/
Rachel_M
GRAMMY Award

Post by Rachel_M »

Is it very frowned upon by casting professionals for lead roles if someone has worked as an extra? Because dd is keen to do this as Les Mis is her favourite musical, but doesn't want to do it if it will affect her chances in the future of getting principal roles if she'll only be seen from then-on as only an extra actress?? :-k
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

More info about this on ScreenTerrier: http://screenterrier.blogspot.com/2012/ ... tings.html

Only open to those over 16 years of age!
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

My oldest is going along, only down the road from us!
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

My son had been pencilled for this with another extras agency but they seem to have lost it.

Seems very odd to have to do open auditions when there are so many on the agencys books :? :?
"Never look down on anybody else unless you are helping them up"
Lolalou
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lolalou »

think whoever goes will have to get there mega early if they wish to be seen...if it's anything like the numbers that turned up for the Hobbit there will be lots of disappointed people who don't even get in the door. They turned away over 3,000 people who wanted to be extras on that! Also universal extras will be sifting through their clients first...I agree it does seem strange to have an open casting when there are so many agencies and readily available photos. As they have so many specifics to what they are looking for..undyed hair for women and long-hair for men and 'French appearance' I guess it would have saved them a lot of work sifting through existing clients photos rather than having to sift through hundreds of people many of whom just won't have the 'right look'
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

Apparently extras agency dropped the job as film production were refusing to pay union rates [-X [-X ](*,) ](*,)
Iona
Nominee

Post by Iona »

Hiya everyone! I'm going to be going for this on Saturday! I'm planning to arrive at about 8am, just to be sure I get seen! Does anyone else have any more info? I'm part of the Facebook group, but I can't find any info regarding what questions we will be asked. I'm experienced in theatre and would really like to get that across.. maybe I should bring a resume? I'm not sure!! Haha (: Hope you are all as excited as I am!!
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

When my DS went to the last open audtions Universal held it was literally complete a form/photo taken and out. No audition or conversation!
Selina2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Selina2 »

They're unlikely to ask you any questions, as Shortguy says it will be just filling out a form and having your photo taken but remember to take your measurements etc with you so you can fill out the form easily and quickly!
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

Lets hope it doesnt end up like this

http://www.studiobriefing.net/2012/01/h ... ety-fears/
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I get the feeling this is going to turn into a fiasco with hundreds of disappointed people!
I am sure the extras agencies should have dealt with this. I anticpate a stampede Saturday and I wish my son wasn't going but he is an adult and has freewill :o
It has been advertised absolutely everywhere including the local press here in Kent and likely to be n the news if it hasn't already !!
I think we can safely say he won't get chosen....... and again its a free-for-all, with the regular extras and those who take it more seriously losing out :-s
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

riverdancefan wrote:I get the feeling this is going to turn into a fiasco with hundreds of disappointed people!
I am sure the extras agencies should have dealt with this. I anticpate a stampede Saturday and I wish my son wasn't going but he is an adult and has freewill :o
It has been advertised absolutely everywhere including the local press here in Kent and likely to be n the news if it hasn't already !!
I think we can safely say he won't get chosen....... and again its a free-for-all, with the regular extras and those who take it more seriously losing out :-s
My DS is a regular extra and is in a huge dilemna as to wether to go or not. I think he wants to go to London the following Sunday. He is furious with the rates they are paying and many that are with the agency that dropped the film are talking about not going to show their support but that is such a drop in the ocean. Trouble is he loves Les Mis so much and desperately wants to be involved :( :?
JTBmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by JTBmum »

Think the Theatre Schools in London have been sent invites to this too