Pushy and Proud

Moderator: busybusybusy

jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Pushy and Proud

Post by jasmine2 »

OMG I am disgusted at the parents on this show....the diet one was appauling!
the mum of the 15 year old makes her excercise to the extreme to 'earn' a biscuit etc...in fact she had a birthday party but was not allowed to eat any of the food herself!
And she makes her daughter weigh herself 3 times a day..is that not some sore of child abuse?? Talk about promote an eating disorder!
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Re: Pushy and Proud

Post by xebonykissesx »

I only caught a little bit of it, but one part i saw, the mother was basically scolding her daughter for ordering sausage and mash in a restaurant! And another mum was really slim and making both of her daughters to adhere to a stirct family diet with constant weighing. :shock:
I actually do think it's almost child abuse...their own parents, who are supposed to love them unconditionally are placing certain boundaries on them and rewarding them for sticking to these rules that are completely superficial and probably quiet unhealthy for young, growing girls. I think it is at the very least emotional abuse. You should feed your children (obviously not to the point of obesity) if they are hungry, and teach them to eat healthily, not create a home where an unhealthy attitude towards food is considered 'normal'. And encouraging their on children to place so much emphasis on their body image and looks is not exactly good for them. It is quite frankly shocking. It would be different if the girls were incredibly unhealthy or obese, and again different if the mother just encourage healthy eating in a kind way. But quite a lot of them seemed very strict and almost like a teacher, with rules and regulations about what they could and couldn't eat. Not exactly a loving supporting environment...
Very sad [-X
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge
Nicola
GRAMMY Award

Post by Nicola »

One of the families featured on this programme has already been discussed at length a few years ago over the whole "UK pageant show" thing. I recall she went on GMTV to defend the hair extentions / make-up and beauty treatments and ultimate aim for her daughter to be a glamour model, when at the time Sasha was only 11.

It was an awful programme and an awful breakfast TV interview - the mother comes across and completely stupid, misguided and a tyrant, but what's incredible is that she's obviously watched back how she was perceived since her first 2 TV appearances, and found it satisfactory enough to even consider doing a similar type of show. I'd almost say she's invented the exercise thing, just to make her a suitable candidate for the new TV show.

Awful, awful woman, and real car-crash TV - you can't believe what you're seeing but likewise you can't take your eyes off it!!!
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

What worried me more than anything was how unhappy the girl looked...
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
Nicola
GRAMMY Award

Post by Nicola »

by jasmine2 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:20 pm

What worried me more than anything was how unhappy the girl looked...
...and worn down and accepting that this is her life!
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Not seen the show but reckon a certain festival girl who competes against dd and her mum would be prime candidates for this one eh Nicola? Perhaps not so extreme.