Agency Application Gripes

Voice your opinions on subjects you may feel strongly about

Moderator: busybusybusy

Hopeful1
BRIT Award

Agency Application Gripes

Post by Hopeful1 »

Just wanted to have a little rant and let off some steam about something that is not a big issue though as I am over tired has erked me a bit.

I posted somewhere earlier in an old thread about how I had felt a bit let down by the response of an aparantly 'interested' agency after making an application to them for representation of a teenager.

No sooner had I pushed the button to post than I get an e-mail to say that an agency we applied for representation for through KCCP several months agao had finally been viewed and replied to. We logged on to find a message from said agency asking us to send some details through their website, they had also changed the status of the application to 'interested'. I went to the website as directed and filled in an online application form, whilst in the meantime received another e-mail via KCCP on behalf of the agancy stating they were happy to inform us they were interested in adding the applicant to their books and I should contact them dorectly on a phone number or named e-mail given. I had however already completed the application form and submitted so disnt want to be a pest e-mailing everywhere. However within the hour we got an e-mail reply back from the agancy stating they were unable to represent the applicant at this time though we should feel free to appply in 6 months time???

It wasnt brilliant timing as am having a bit of a to do with an e-bay con merchant and ds was notified he was unsuccessful at a recent casting so was a bit down ( as they get). Stupidly I cheered him up by pointing out the e-mail and showing him it want a useless mission after all. Can't understand why they didnt just send the last e-mail in the first place? I realise they probably dont realise the way it looks from our side, and dont intent to be annoying but it just a waste of time energy and expectation. Not too mention makes me feel a little bit silly.... :roll: :roll:
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: Agency Application Gripes

Post by pg »

Not surprised you needed to let off steam - that sounds infuriating!

From what I've gleaned from the adult site, the agency application via CCP does seem a bit hit and miss... sorry you have been on the receiving end of it.
Hopeful1
BRIT Award

Post by Hopeful1 »

Its just annoying as we sent the applicatin months ago and it wasnt even viewed so just assumed they were not interested in signing people. Then to see that they had viewed it, viewed the applicants profile (clearly seeing the experience, photos etc) and chose from the information they viewed to declare them selves interested, follow up with an e-mail asking us to get in touch through their website, only to reject us in a matter of minutes after receiving much less information than before is just confusing and annoying.

They had viewed all the details why didnt they just say 'no' then, or continue to say nothing? Anyway Im over it now, though wont go near them again, I had heard goodd things about them as well and they seem to have a large amount from the site registered with them.
gelert
GRAMMY Award

Post by gelert »

How awful !! Who was the agent Hopeful1 ?
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

If it's any comfort, I would say that if they have large numbers of people registered then you can probably do better. It is not necessarily the mark of a good agent that they have large numbers on their books - often the reverse. It depends how many agents there are working in the agency. If you are one of hundreds you are not going to get the individual attention you need.