Photos that Make You Look Younger

Voice your opinions on subjects you may feel strongly about

Moderator: busybusybusy

Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Photos that Make You Look Younger

Post by Irishdancer »

Just wondered why some people have photos on there Spotlight pages that make them look a lot younger than they are. I no when ds went to meet the ladies at Abacus first thing they said was great he looks like his photo they said that some of the photos parents have sent them do not look like there kids look like now. I just feel it is a waist of time having a photo of ur child which was taken 1 1/2 or 2 years childern change so much ago u may get auditions from it but when cd director looks at what u look like now dose not get the part as cd was looking for a child that looks 9-11 and the child they see looks more like a 13-14 then its a waist of cd and ur time. When ds filmed before Christmas a stright job did not audition for it when we got there was told he looks older now luckly it did not matter, I did not relise he looked older. Just wonder what every one thought on this subject.
Coco
GRAMMY Award

Re: Photos that Make You Look Younger

Post by Coco »

I had this discussion with my dd's previous agency. They were so keen for her to look younger in her photos, but i felt it was pointless as if we ever got to an audition, they would just discount her anyway. I understand keeping the photos natural of course to avoid them looking more grown up than necessary, but they need to be realistic about it !
gelert
GRAMMY Award

Post by gelert »

I recently sent an up to date photo of ds to his agent so that they could change his Spotlight photo because although I can add credits to his cv on spotlight and update height weight etc., I can't change his photo on there which I think is ridiculous as children change constantly with their haircuts. They replied and told me I can't change ds photo but that they would just keep it in his file. So, if a cd were to pick ds from the way he looks on spotlight page he would be disappointed as ds hair is now long. I don't understand why we are not allowed to update photo to make it current. :?
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Do not see why u can not update photos if u have the pin to update then u can put a new photo on the right hand side go to photo click on that when the page comes up click on add photo then u can upload a photo and then click to make it main photo really easy
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Thanks for that tip Irishdancer ... been trying to change DD's main profile picture for a more up-to-date one for a while \:D/
gelert
GRAMMY Award

Post by gelert »

Irishdancer, Agent already told me I can't update photo even though I have update pin for everything else. It doesn't make sense to me either!!! That's why I want to change agents for ds also as they are not very good. Will have another moan Monday morning re updating photo but not holding my breath ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Once you have selected the headshot for the Spotlight directory you cannot remove that particular photo so maybe the agency is referring to that? I know it annoys me on my younger sons pics as he looks so different in that than his up to date ones. But you can add/remove any other pics as often as you want (if you have update pin) and can choose a different one to be the headshot for the web casting page. I quite agree about up to date pics, my ds1 has just turned 13 and has changed unbelievably from his pics 12 months ago, even if he still looked like 11/12 now being 5 foot 6 he would be far too tall so would waste ours and CDs time.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Not many company’s use the directory now use interactive Spotlight so what is on directory dose not really matter any more so as u can change interactive photo that is all u need. If agent is not that good any way then put on the photo u want because if u are going to look for another agent they will look at ds spotlight page on line and want to see what he looks like now not 2 years ago. Phone up ur ds agent one more time and say that it is unprofessional to have a photo on spotlight that looks noting like ds now say that u will keep the other photo on so that it will show what ds looks like with short hair and say that if he got a good part would be willing to get his hair cut see what she says. give agent the chance to chose what photo to put on. Is it a professional photo? If not then that might be why as photos are the first thing cd look at and if it is just a photo u have sent in then agent will not want to use it. If its a professional photo then can not see why they don’t want photo on spotlight
gelert
GRAMMY Award

Post by gelert »

This is the email they sent today:

No other child with the Agency is permitted to upload additional photos on their Spotlight CV. Indeed the function has been disabled.

If you wish to change his photo, it will cost an admin fee of about £20.

I have replied by asking why they have disabled the function and drooled on about children changing their appearance, hairstyles etc. and that photos on the Spotlight Page should be current and up to date for casting directors but I don't think i'll get a reply.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

What rubbish they are talking dose not cost a penny to upload photos so why are they charging £20 if I was u would start looking for another agent
gelert
GRAMMY Award

Post by gelert »

Thanks Irishdancer.
Yes I have applied to abacus back in Jan, they recently (about 6 weeks ago ) asked for a video which I sent but heard nothing since.
siohip
GRAMMY Award

Post by siohip »

just as an aside...I would love some photos that make me
look younger!!!
aliceinwonderinc
GRAMMY Award

Post by aliceinwonderinc »

I think part of the reason they do it is because most childrens parts are played by children who are actually a few years older than their character. When I got my agent at 16 she was very keen for me to look young in my photos because she knew that I would have a better chance going for parts under 16 than for parts for older teenagers, which would often be given to over 18s. She also always told me to try and look young in the auditions (if I was going for a younger part) by wearing t-shirts and jeans and stuff and not wearing much make-up. I never got told that I looked different to my picture, but if anyone ever said that then I definitely would think about changing them.