I think some should look into this!

Voice your opinions on subjects you may feel strongly about

Moderator: busybusybusy

missydissy
Nominee

I think some should look into this!

Post by missydissy »

I have just noticed this posted on the casting link which is clearly showing where it was quoted from!

The Casting Link
http://www.notapushymum.com/phpbb/viewt ... =8&t=11065

Please read this Article.....CTA have been promoting their academy in Manchester and all over the radio. It appears they are asking for £1000+ to join or attend their courses which suggests links to castings and auditions with 'Disney' and 'Nicolodian' ect.

NotaPushyMum.Com • View topic - CTA Celebrity Talent Academy
http://www.notapushymum.com..

11 minutes ago · 1 · Like · · Share.

Luckymum
GRAMMY Award

Re: I think some should look into this!

Post by Luckymum »

Yes i saw that as well, their next quote confirms that they seem to agree with the majority on napm

The Casting Link We are NOT suggesting it's a scam .....but please use due diligence if you wish to become involved. Please be reminded like 'Equity', The Casting Link believes artist and actors should NOT pay for and kind of audition, casting or suggestions or promises of fame!!!
36 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
Winners never quit and quiters never win xxx

Be Lucky ;-)
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Anything that is posted on this forum can be linked to and referred to by anyone else, just like comments on any other open forum. If you look up CTA you will find that the NAPM thread appears quite high up on the google ranking page. Personally I think that's a good thing. The opinions expressed on the forum are not those of "Not a Pushy Mum", they are the opinions of individuals who post on the forum.

It is clear from the CTA thread that a representative of the Celebrity Talent Academy is aware of the discussions on this site. I think that's a good thing. I hope that it might mean that whoever is in charge of publicity and recruitment at CTA will take some of the comments on board. I have always believed that critical feedback is one of the most useful things a business can have. If they are aware of how the publicity is being regarded by many (especially those with some experience of the profession) they might even consider changing it. I'm sure that if the tuition is as great as they say, the school's reputation will grow - there would then be no need for all the hype would there? Perhaps they'll consider publishing their fees on their website :lol:

They might even drop the Disney "link" or the "pre-screening" malarkey :?
I can always hope, can't I ? ;)
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

yes, the same quote just came up on my Facebook wall
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

On the subject of search engines and links:
I was faintly embarrassed to realise that my comment "my ds was brilliant ;) " from my "review" of Cardenio at the RSC appeared when I did a search for reviews of Cardenio...

Quite why I thought it wouldn't appear I have no idea! :lol: :lol:

Now this comment will appear too #-o