Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins

A place where you can review Books.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins

Post by Welsh Mum »

I have just finished reading this autobiography by Rpert Everett and it is very entertaining and well written though quite explicit in places - he has had a very eventful life to say the least). He manages to conjure up all the different places he has been - London, South of France, Miami, LA, Moscow to name a few) and describes them really well. There is also LOADS of gossip about all the people he has met/worked with, from Ian Mckellan to Elizabeth Taylor to Madonna, and its frank, candid and honest (sometimes brutally so). His life and career have been so eventful. If you enjoy show biz biogs you will love this, but even if you don't usually like them you could well enjoy this one as its a cut above most of this genre.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
charlotterose
BRIT Award

Re: Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins

Post by charlotterose »

I hadn't realised that Rupert Everett had written a biography! I'll give this a go as he is one of my favourite actors,
Thanks Welsh Mum :D
~Acting demands everything.If you don’t give it everything,there will be someone behind you who will~
www.youtube.com/charlotteroseog
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Hope you enjoy it :)

Did you know he appearing as professor Higgins in Pygmalion in London?
charlotterose
BRIT Award

Post by charlotterose »

I didn't know that! how cool 8)
Hmm, i'll get reading! thanks again :D
~Acting demands everything.If you don’t give it everything,there will be someone behind you who will~
www.youtube.com/charlotteroseog
JTBmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by JTBmum »

Im reading this now and am really enjoying it. He has certainly seen a lot!!! Recently nominated for Olivier Award for his portrayal of Oscar Wilde in Judas Kiss.
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

I hAve since read the follow up to this book, bringing his story more up to date. Its called Vanished Years and is also excellent - he really is a talented writer, I love some of his descriptions of people and places :).
I am also really looking forward to seeing him at the Hay Festival talking about his books :) - I am seeing Robert Lindsay (another favourite actor of mine) the same day :)