Maddog

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

beccaa
Nominee

Maddog

Post by beccaa »

Hi all! Haven't been on here for a while. I have an interview with maddog next week and
was wondering if you definitly get accepted as an extra? And more info anymore people have on them! Thanks guys. X
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Re: Maddog

Post by shortguy »

Son and a friend were just talking about Maddog - usually if an extras agency ask to see you they are happy to take you on. Son saays they get alot of work - have supplied the extras for Pirates of the Caribbean at the moment
"Never look down on anybody else unless you are helping them up"
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

I joined Maddog when they first started up got some good work from them But they are very big now seem to get big shoots now with 100s of people so did not bother this year again. They take on most people think if u are younger get better work but Casting Collitive 2020 are much better for getting small calls
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

Yes son is with Casting Collective and gets alot of work from them and they have their books open at the moment
Emmy101
BRIT Award

Post by Emmy101 »

Hey,

Im going for maddog aswell, Ive also just bin for 2020 and guys and dolls.

Last year was registered with casting collective and extrapeople as well as Jackie Palmer.

Casting Collective are extremely good, I got a fair amount of work and money through them and very professional and friendly would definately recommend :) though im not sure if i just got work because i loook like a little kid and directors dont have to pay license fees and charperones :P Extra people got nothing threw but 2 considerations ...

Good Luck :) Emma x
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

Wondering about doing extra work but am I correct in assuming you need to live close to a studio to make it pay. I was thinking that by the time you have covered your travel costs etc there's probably not a huge amount left out of the fees.
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

Most of the work isnt at studios although for big films often you would need to go to studio for costume fit. We live in Berkshire and all sons work so far has easily covered petrol costs or train fayres.

He had renewal at Casting Collective today and they are getting 120 per day for renewals!
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Do u mean reregistering at CC if so don't get paid for that I have been with them a fair few years and never got paid for that I reregestered a week ago and noting was said about getting paid do not think they will ever pay for that
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

No I meant 120 people per day!
Emmy101
BRIT Award

Post by Emmy101 »

Hey,

you dont get paid for reregistration and also I dont live too near to where most of my work is ... All tht ive had has been in London and it costs me £11 to get up back and use tubes, buses and overgrounds in london, from kent area

if you do register and get alot of work i would reccomend getting a young persons railcard for the trains etc as it costs alot less.

Also, extras do actually earn a fair amount ... around 100 pound a day plus overtime etc

Emma x