'The Knowledge' - Audition for play at the Bush Theatre

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

aliceinwonderinc
GRAMMY Award

'The Knowledge' - Audition for play at the Bush Theatre

Post by aliceinwonderinc »

I just got sent an audition by my agent for a play called 'The Knowledge' at the Bush Theatre in Shepherd's Bush. The play looks interesting, but my problem is that the scenes I am meant to read at the audition are quite sexually explicit. I don't mind doing it as long as they are suggested rather than actually shown (i.e. I don't have to get partly naked on stage or whatever), but I'm afraid that I will have to... Is there a way that I can find out if nudity is involved before I go to the audition?

I think it would be rather weird if there was nudity, because I'm only 17, so I'm not even sure if that's allowed? And I don't think it's dodgy or anything, because I looked up the theatre and the play and it all looks very proper, but I'm just afraid that I'll turn up at the audition and they'll say 'you're alright with nudity, right?' and I'll just be like 'erm... what?!' :S

Has anyone else got an audition for this play?
harry2
GRAMMY Award

Re: 'The Knowledge' - Audition for play at the Bush Theatre

Post by harry2 »

Does it in the advert anywhere say 'not suitable for children' or 'adults only' then possibly but I Doubt it really tbh. Was you put up for the role through spotlight? If so you will be under ' child performers' so they wouldnt have approached you in the first place would they?
aliceinwonderinc
GRAMMY Award

No it doesn't say anything about adults only or anything... hopefully it will be okay. I've no idea if it was through spotlight - my agent's not in the country at the moment but she'll be back tomorrow and I'll call her and ask :)
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

saw that advertised somewhere will try and remember where.
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

Hi
Perhaps you could talk to your agent about it. If there is any doubt about what is expected of you then the agent could check for you.
aliceinwonderinc
GRAMMY Award

I spoke to my agent, and apparently they have to say that nudity will be involved even if it's just a bare back, and she said it wasn't mentioned so I'm guessing that means there won't be any which is good. I'm still slightly worried about how explicit it is (I mean, what if I got the part and my parents and grandparents came to watch! embarassing! :S) but my agent said that as it's just the first audition I should go to get some experience and be seen by the cd etc, and then we'll see how it goes from there. I suppose there's no point worrying about it as it's just the first audition. :)
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by mathsmum »

hmm - if you had to expose a bare back, wouldn't that mean your bare front was visible to the other actors? have a good think about what you are and aren't prepared to do - doesn't offer anything you don't know but have you looked at http://www.bushtheatre.co.uk/schools/

ds is auditioning for a part in the tandem play 'little platoons' - i do hope the two don't have a 'made in britain' take to them
Life is complex - some of it is real, some of it is imaginary.