Upload a vid to youtube?

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Art
BRIT Award

Upload a vid to youtube?

Post by Art »

Hi all,

does anyone know how to upload a section of a dvd to youtube :-k I have no idea! It plays in my windows media centre, but I don't seem to be able to save it to my computer to upload to youtube.All help greatly appreciated :D
Art
BRIT Award

Re: Upload a vid to youtube?

Post by Art »

................anyone :-s
Tashy Bear
GRAMMY Award

Post by Tashy Bear »

Hi Art,

Very simply, and I am no master at this!

Firstly you need to have created a video which is stored on your pc, for easy retrievel, I'd give it a name so that it's easy to find.

Next, you need to create a youtube account if you don't already have one, just follow the steps on youtube.

When you have your account, click the "upload" button at which point you will be able to select the video you want from your pc.

Once the video is in the process of uploading you can complete the boxes below to provide information about your video and to add "tags" (words) so that people searching for your video can find it.

Once the video has uploaded, you should be able to click on your account name and select "videos", at this point you should be able to view your video and at the top of your screen you will see the web address it has been given so that you may upload this video to other sites (including NAPM) for all to view.

I hope my long, drawn out and possibly very complicated explanation has made some sense to you, if not just go onto youtube and type in "how to upload a video to youtube" and there will be hundreds of step-by-step videos showing how it's done!

Take care XX
Art
BRIT Award

Post by Art »

HI Tashy Bear ~

thank you so much for the help! I have come to the conclusion that I don't have the right type of software on my laptop ~ can get dvd to play, but can't edit and save it #-o I am a complete technophobe!!! DOes anyone know what software I need for windows xp?
Tashy Bear
GRAMMY Award

Post by Tashy Bear »

Hi Art,

You should have some software that came with your camera? Have a look in the box, and it's usually a disc that you insert into your pc and follow the instructions.

Take care x