The Casting Website

Voice your opinions on subjects you may feel strongly about

Moderator: busybusybusy

fabmum
BRIT Award

The Casting Website

Post by fabmum »

Hello aout there, does anyone have any views on the Casting Website, how useful, successful has it been for you? My DS wants to join but thought I'd check it out first.
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Re: The Casting Website

Post by sapphire »

This subject keeps popping up so if you do a search you should be able to find previous threads. The general consensus seems to be to avoid. DD recently joined StarNow and has already done a short film for the Virgin Media Shorts with some local students and has another couple of auditions lined up .... she's also had some success through Mandy and Talent Circle which are free of course!
fabmum
BRIT Award

Post by fabmum »

sapphire wrote:This subject keeps popping up so if you do a search you should be able to find previous threads. The general consensus seems to be to avoid. DD recently joined StarNow and has already done a short film for the Virgin Media Shorts with some local students and has another couple of auditions lined up .... she's also had some success through Mandy and Talent Circle which are free of course!
Could you point me in the direction of finding the threads please. I did a search but it kept telling me that the words were too common so ignored them.
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

fabmum
BRIT Award

Post by fabmum »

Thanks so much...seriously scarey.

The website looks so professional (but then anyone can pay for a professional website) and I had a chat with one gentleman who said that as my ds had been accepted into the National Youth Theatre, he didn't need to do the Intake Workshop. Unfortunately they would have to ask for a small registration fee...